Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Beroc

  • Rank
    New To The Neighborhood
  1. Howdy all. I come to you guys with a problem. I am using PHP to generate email to verify email address for people to log into the site that I am working on. Everything works fine, until I get the email. It says it comes from: myusername@hades.tchmachines.com This is nice and all but I would rather it say: webmaster@mysite.com Is this a setting on the server to use the PHP "from" field in the mail function or is this just a PHP question. basic code from php documentation: > $to = $email; $subject = "Thank you for registering at My Site"; $messa
  2. Hmmm.... I actually dont think it was broke... I may have been stupid and was using some test email that wasnt really an email address. Oh well. it works now. Thanks
  3. Hi, I am working on a clients site, got her set up with you guys, as I have had a good experience with you... She is on the dooku server (into starwars names my guess) Here is my problem. I wrote an email function that should email to a person. It doesnt, and fails when trying... I looked over the forums and found that I should be using a -f additional parameter, but that didnt seem to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. >function mailme($to, $subject, $message){ global $fromemailaddress; $headers="MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n"; $headers.="Content-type: text/html; charset=
  4. Dammit.... The other site uses ftp... that sucks. Oh well, we'll just not worry too much about this.
  5. I will collect that info and give it off to ya.
  6. Well, nothing I did fixed it. The odd thing is that I have another site running on a different server, with the exact same code and it works. So, that being said, I turned the whole thing around and installed an ftp section in the program that is not so limiting as far as space, though, I wouldn't want to tell the guys on my site about that. Attached is the simpleftp code I pulled from Microsofts web site, or http://www.chilkatsoft.com has some cool activex dll's for use in that arena. Thanks guys. vbftp.zip
  7. This may be the cause of it. Perhaps the EncType and format has changed from what I first wrote. I may be able to pull that information in ASP, as I can pull a source feed from a standard web page, then simply format my string correctly in VB. Damn that's alot of work... LOL I will post whatever I find, cause I havent found this anywhere on the net.
  8. Sorry... domain... should be something like: http://www.lod3d.net/com.php
  9. The dll is microsofts standard XML/HTML communications dll. Internet Explorer uses this to talk to the internet. This program runs on my screen and displays a web page that only the program can see. So I call it with an action to return data from the database(i.e. sql) and it gives back whatever I am asking it for, course you gotta ask it right, or you wont get anything. Either way, the requests and posts are correct, it reads and writes, however the file upload part doesnt work anymore. Mostly it is text files, and some small pictures, nothing major. I did do a test html page with
  10. I post this here, because I logged a trouble ticket and got a (We dont support 3rd party software) response... Course, I found this exact error in the forums, and saw the (Open a trouble ticket on it) response.... Imagine that! I will start by briefly explaining how my site works: I made a program a year or so ago that talks to a com page on my site, this allows me to manipulate data on the site and upload files. It uses the msxml2.xmlhttp dll provided with Windows. I use it to upload data and files to my site, being aware that I can't upload a file greater then 2 mb. Next, I wi
  • Create New...