Multiple Blogs And Forums

DWD

I'm pretty sure the answer is, "no problem." But, is there any problem running on my domain, in their separate folders, multiple MT and multiple WP and multiple forums such as phpBB.

I'm guessing there would be no problem with MySQL Databases. However, I don't know a MySQL, from a YourSQL, from a WhoseverSQL. I'm am pretty sure databases have something to do with pixie-dust, gremlins and umpa lumpas.

I currently have MT and phpbb, but want to add a subdirectory WP. I've installed WP elsewhere but never where there was already something else. I imagine it's just like when I installed phpbb, just put it in a subfolder and go. Anything to look out for?

I would recommend a separate database for each but other than that should be no problem.

I know you understood what you wrote, but here's what I read..."I would recommend [something magical] but other than that should be no problem.

I'm sure it's the simplest thing in the world and that I should understand but could you explain a little more. When doing a fantastico install, I know it asks what folder it wants me to put whatever in, but I don't recall a check box for "use same database" and "use separate database."

How do I make certain that I'm using a separate database, or put another way, that I don't accidentally use the same database?

All the pixie dust should work fine with multiple blog installs from Fantastico in a single account as long as you don't go over your accounts resource limits (mainly bandwidth, diskspace, and server utilization... i.e., as long as they aren't all really popular).