Wp Permissions

Dumplin

Ok I found a neat plug called 101 Tech quotes and the plugin shows active but I have to add <?php ShowQuote(); ?> to the template for the theme I am using and I don't have write permissions.....I looked at the theme file in File Manager and see the grid where permissions are already set to 755 but it won't let me change the numbers, and for that matter not sure what to change them to [777] is on my other blogs theme and I can make changes there.

So if anybody can clue me in as to why I can't make the permissions change I would appreciate it<G>

Thanks!

Donna

This is one of the reasons I do manual installs.

As Don said you can download the file, edit it and upload it back to the server. That's the way I do it. :notworthy:

Thanks everybody....what I ended up doing with the help of a friend was to edit the Left Side bar for the Theme using file manager....added the code towards the bottom and it works great.

Donna