Wordpress And Fantastico

Dumplin

Ok I have site which I have a wordpress blog, however if I look at the list of installed via Fantastico it shows no installations for Word Press. When I started the site Fantastico was not avail at TCH. Later I set up another site here and it came with Fantastico and I used that to install a WP Blog on the new site and it shows as installed.

After checking the older site I also noticed the WP Blog needs upgrading as it is still at 1.5.

My question is do I have to wipe out the orig WP Blog and install it via Fantastico inorder to have it show up as installed?

the blog in question is at http://www.just-for-fun-club.net/wordpress/

Thanks!

Donna

I would always update manually anyway because Fantastico takes too long to get the updates out. They can become two releases behind very quickly. The upgrade instructions Don links to are simple to follow and it should only take about 15 minutes to complete.

I would always update manually anyway because Fantastico takes too long to get the updates out. They can become two releases behind very quickly. The upgrade instructions Don links to are simple to follow and it should only take about 15 minutes to complete.

Ok thanks Don and Bruce I will give it a whirl ;)

Donna