Phplist Not Sending All E-Mails?

Hi,

Hopefully you guys can help me out here. I set up a mailing list last week on our server (elizabethrbroadcastingfund.org), I imported many usernames so in total there was 1160 (now 1164) subscribed, however, (i expect!) foolishly I never set any limits and I imagine this may have set off a TCH limit in sending out e-mails from servers as not all subscribed seemed to receive it.

The majority of people we ask seem to have no idea though someone did mention it so it's definitely getting to some. I've looked at the users lists to check they aren't blacklisted, subscribed to correct list etc.. Everything says it's ok! So this leave me assuming it's a mail-load limit?

Could someone advise the best way to go around fixing this? I've currently changed the config mailqueue_throttle to 10seconds, though I'm not going to test it out yet - I imagine that'd still be too many e-mails? (with this setting it should be sending out max 360 an hour I believe with the mailbatch period being 3600, though I could be talking utter rubbish - i'm sure you people know better!)

I also stumbled upon this during searching the forums

http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38662&st=0&p=239546&hl=phplist&fromsearch=1entry239546

When sending to such a number do I need to run it as a cron job? Do I actually need to leave the tab open in my browser till all is sent?? Or is this just for a specific method because it's the first I heard of this though I've never dealt with such a high capacity of subscribers.

Many thanks, feel free to ask any questions and i'll try get back to you asap

Thanks again

P.S. Here's the phplist processing info that was sent to my e-mail after

[Fri 4 Jun 2010 12:45] [xx.xxx.xx.xxx] Started

[Fri 4 Jun 2010 12:45] [xx.xxx.xx.xxx] Processing has started, 1 message(s)

to process.

[Fri 4 Jun 2010 12:45] [xx.xxx.xx.xxx] It is safe to click your "stop"

button now, report will be sent by email to email@address.net

[Fri 4 Jun 2010 12:45] [xx.xxx.xx.xxx] Processing message 25

[Fri 4 Jun 2010 12:45] [xx.xxx.xx.xxx] Looking for users

[Fri 4 Jun 2010 12:45] [xx.xxx.xx.xxx] Found them: 1159 to process

[Fri 4 Jun 2010 12:47] [xx.xxx.xx.xxx] Processed 1159 out of 1159 users

[Fri 4 Jun 2010 12:47] [xx.xxx.xx.xxx] Script stage: 5

[Fri 4 Jun 2010 12:47] [xx.xxx.xx.xxx] 1028 messages sent in 150.43 seconds

(24600 msgs/hr)

[Fri 4 Jun 2010 12:47] [xx.xxx.xx.xxx] 33 invalid emails

[Fri 4 Jun 2010 12:47] [xx.xxx.xx.xxx] 98 emails failed (will retry later)

I'm pretty certain the 33 invalid were entries I forgot to remove brackets from (all the addresses copied from outlook into excel) so ignore them. The 98 e-mails I doubt are all the people who didn't receive it (for one, initially we asked other people in the office (On same server, same e-mail domain etc...) but no one received it except us two who sent it out!)

Welcome to the forum, Thomas. ;)

Sorry, I can not answer the cron job question, but TCH have a limit on how many people you can send to per time. We do not discuss those limits in the public forum (for spam reasons), so please open a ticket with the help desk and they will tell you the limit. Link on top of page and in my signature.

As TCH-Thomas stated, there is a mailing limit at TCH that is (in my opinion) pretty strict. When you exceed that limit, all outgoing mail for your domain is halted. That may be a problem, not just with lists but also with with regular email. For example, you can reach the TCH limit if a single user attempts to send an email to a large list of recipients. Suddenly, and without any notice, the emails sent by other users on your domain simply stop and may never reach their destination. I restrict the number of email users at our domain to help avoid the email limit problem.

For our lists, we set up Dada Mail. Dada Mail will trickle a few emails out every minute.

Hope this helps. -- Justin