New Plans......

Head Guru

Some of you may remember several months ago we informed the clients that we would be making some rather large changes to our hosting packages.

Well that time has come.

Effective today all new clients will receive 2X the bandwith and large disk space increases on all reseller and virtual hosting accounts.

For example. Our starter plan used to be sold at :

5.5GB Bandwidth Transfer per month

300MB of Disk Space

The new starter plan is now offering:

10GB Bandwidth Transfer

450MB of Space

This change is being offered currently to new clients with plans to phase the offerings into all accounts over the next 60-90 days.

If you have any questions please feel free to post them here.

Thanks for your continued support.

Ok ... so you are just going to give me extra space? Extra bandwidth??? What kind of hosting place is this. I didn't ASK for extra space! Don't you know what that will do! Mad!!!

Yes, I'm joking and just being a pain. I'm just trying to think of something more articulate to say other than OMG TY!

I just don't know what to say, other than I hope you keep hiring people ... cause you're going to need them.

Oh, and TYVM!!!!

:) Rock Sign woooot

This just three days after I upgrade. How dare you! :dance:

:)

Great news. The service is awsome. Worth every penny plus more! Within five minutes of seeing the post I have already forwarded the information to several friends I have been trying to get moved over to TCH.

Can't wait to see my sites move up.

Rock Sign You rock Bill Rock Sign

This is sure nice of you to help people with more space and bandwith!

Does this apply to everyone? I set up a new account a few weeks ago and just updated my account on Monday?

LOL

Weezy

This is sure nice of you to help people with more space and bandwith!

Does this apply to everyone?  I set up a new account a few weeks ago and just updated my account on Monday?

LOL

Weezy

I think you have to wait 60-90 days as the rest of us :(

But those who waits for something good...always wait too long...or how is that saying? :)

Edited by Jikrantz

I signed up yesterday, and referred a friend today.

And he gets 2X the bandwidth and 1.5X the space! Cheater!

:D

Just kidding, my website is fairly low bandwidth, and i'm yet to upload my photo album, can wait for the upgrade.

We are all forever indebted to you, Bill (well, at least in the form of paying for hosting and keeping our accounts) :D

Merci beaucoup (can't be sure of spelling anymore), Mr. Bill

Wow, just when I think TCH can't possibly get any better, IT DOES! Bill, TCH isn't even close to being competitive. You're just flat out beating the crap out of other hosting companies. They can't possibly compete with the awesome family you have here.

Just to clarify, those of us who signed up prior to the new hosting packages, will we have to wait the 60-90 days and then request to be upgraded to the new packages or will our packages be upgraded to the new space and bandwidth amounts automatically?

It's not a big deal to me yet since I'm not even close to using 20% of what I have so far. I just wanted to clarify the details for myself and anyone else who might want to know.

Thanks again for the great news!

Ven

The rollout is an automatic thing. But with the sheer number of sites hosted here, it is a huge endeavor and will take a good bit of time.

You only need to keep an eye on your cPanel to notice that you have been upgraded.

Bill, while my individual server (48) has definitely had a run of bad luck over the past couple months, the fantastic service provided by TCH has made it very bearable for me. The way you guys respond to problems and keep us informed about progress in such an honest way makes all the difference in the world.

I'm not sure what has enabled you guys to add bandwidth and disk space, but I'm definitely well aware that you did not have to pass this along to your users. This kind of service is absolutely amazing.

You said it was your goal to remain competitive. Well, in my book, you guys have set the standard. I will definitely recommend TCH any time I get a chance.

Thank you!

Request To Our HG

All new Sign up's get Extra, why don't give a small extra b'width to existing resellers, its quite odd asking for such favours when iam one of them, but i know many would love TCH doing so.

if not possible no probs, but i wish TCH grows and someday we get this as gift.

Regards,

Bill,

This is, of course, wonderful news for everyone! I don't know how you do it, but you've got a really good business model. Rare is the company and the corporate executive who actually thinks about what more they can give their clientelle rather than how much more their clientelle will pay.

I truly admire your dedication to your customers. I wish there was a better way to commend you and say "Thank You" other than through a few feeble words here in the polls. But if it's any consolation, you will be getting at least one more new customer here in the near future as a referral from me. He is going to be so surprised that he's getting double what I'm getting, the same great service, but still paying the same price!

My great appreciation to Bill and the entire TCH staff of tech support, admins, moderators, etc., etc. You all rock extra hard!

Rock Sign

Bill -

You never cease to amaze us! Thank you for such an incredibly generous offer. Now I have twice the space and bandwidth to figure out how to use - such a dilemma! :)

You couldn't do this if things weren't going well for TCH - congratulations and best wishes for even greater growth and continued success that this kind of generousity indicates.

Rock Sign

If I'm understanding this correctly, I have a simple reseller account, and within 60 - 90 days it will be upgraded to 16 gb of bandwidth and 1000 mb of space for a mere 20.00 a month?

What in the world am I going to do with all this space?

This is just another reason in a very long line of them on why TCH rocks!

My only regret is, I didn't sign up with TCH sooner than I did.

Effective today all new clients will receive 2X the bandwith and large disk space increases on all reseller and virtual hosting accounts.

woooot I have never heard of such a huge increase, and I've been with over a dozen hosting companies over the years. Hats off to TCH. Rock Sign

They plan to, it will just take 60-90 days for all existing customers to get it.

Will this be Effective to all at once, after the Said period or One by one it would be added to existing customers in the said period.

Given the volume of domains that TCH hosts, there's no possible way to upgrade all current customers at once.

It will happen for each customer when it happens.

Actually, when we do the upgrades for older customers, it is server wide. We'll change the space and bandwidth allotments for the plans and that will change for everyone on that server at once.

Woowowoow I am lost for words, speechless and bewildered...

This is a the best gift ever.

Special thanks to you Bill as well as to all of you at TCH as you must probably be working after hours to make this possible in due time.

Long live TCH !! Rock Sign

BTW still can't believe it!! :) Thumbs Up

Given the volume of domains that TCH hosts, there's no possible way to upgrade all current customers at once.

It will happen for each customer when it happens.

Actually, when we do the upgrades for older customers, it is server wide. We'll change the space and bandwidth allotments for the plans and that will change for everyone on that server at once.

The 60-90 day period in rolling out the new plans to everyone is more of a safety zone time period than anything else.

We will be selecting a server at a time to roll the new plans to, and then will watch the server very closely to insure that the server loads stay within reasonable guidelines. If we see a server with a increasing amount of load, we will then have to move domains from that server to a new server. This is really why it will take us so long to roll out the new plans.

Bill

Hmm, as you know I am a immature teen lol, doesn't modernbill allow you to like masschange the packages on all servers?

I am looking into modernbill so that my clients can get the service automated, and because I only give free packages, I would like a way for them to have to either pay for bandwidth overage, or end up being suspended automaticly, it is a time taking thing to try to keep up with that. Aswell as having three sites under construction LOL.

Aswell as the life of a teenager, so you can imagine the wait these people will have to go through to get my service. :huh:

-Alan

Read Head Guru's post about 4 messages above yours, Alan. There is more to it than just boosting package limits. HG really hates for his servers to be overworked and us customers getting less than perfect service so he watches for all kinds of unexpected things to happen when they are reset.

• 3 weeks later...
...all new clients will receive 2X the bandwith and large disk space increases on all reseller and virtual hosting accounts.

For example. Our starter plan used to be sold at :

5.5GB Bandwidth Transfer per month

300MB of Disk Space

The new starter plan is now offering:

10GB Bandwidth Transfer

450MB of Space...

I'm not complaining, I'm just doing some math here...

If the starter plan used to be 5.5GB, and now gets 2x the bandwidth, shouldn't it have 11GB instead of 10GB?

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to show my appreciation to Total Choice for doing something like this, even if it's to remain competitive, I still appreciate this upgrade. :)

I'll add a tagline to the footer of each of my webpages stating that my site, MetaFrost, is hosted by Total Choice and link to the TCH main page.

This is a great news!

However,I'm concerning will the server's performance be affected due to the increased system usage(disk space and bandwidth)?

We have taken into this consideration and will be watching this very close.

It should not be a problem.

I am sorry but I have noticed that IT IS a problem. I have never noticed any problems with my site, on server 38, before. Now, very often site is unreachable for brief period of time, and it seems slower in general.

The main reason I switched to TCH was your UPTIME and performance record. I did not mind paying more when my site never went down like it did with other hosting services.

The reason I am writing this now is because my site is down right now, and it has happened few times in the past few weeks, since you introduced new hosting packages.

In my opinion, your hosting changes are drastic, and if you cannot maintain past performance and uptime, you will lose customers, which I don't want to see happen.

Cheers

Hi jake.v

I am sorry but I have noticed that IT IS a problem.
I'm sorry to hear you have noticed a problem - however, I can assure you that there is no problem on server 38 due to the 'drastic' hosting changes. How can I be so certain? I've just checked server 38 to confirm that the sites on that server have not been upgraded.

If you are finding your sites unreachable, then I would suggest checking the route to the server, for instruction please see How to run a trace route and if you have any problems interpreting it - or this indicates the problem is at the server end, then please submit a ticket to the help desk.

At the moment, the server is running along nicely with a server load of 0.15 - so lots of spare capacity.

Thanks Andy. Just as I was editing my post, you replied to it. :P

My site is down for the past 15 minutes, that's why I wrote this comment. And as I said, this happened before in the past few weeks, which NEVER happened before that, since I signed up a year ago.

I don't think it's a routing issue.