Netobjects Fusion

ejh

I used it and I was able to get a site up and going with it, but after switching to Dreamweaver I will never go back....

It is so much cleaner in code!

Mr. Bill :Nerd:

Getting confused... Can I use NetObjects Fusion with TCH?
Yes you can, just not for making dynamic sites with WebDAV.

I tried NetObjects a few years ago, but didn't like it, the output code was messy and bloated (it used pixel-stretching for accurate placement.)

It was really easy to use though.

I would really consider Macromedia's Dreamweaver instead.

What's WebDAV... How's that going to affect me? What's the problem with a "messy code?" Won't a clean code and messy code give you the same thing? Thanks a ton to everyone!!!

PS: Probably would be getting Dreamweaver but Windows ME and Dreamweaver don't quite go hand-in-hand.

What's WebDAV...

Components that work in conjunction with the HTML to make the site interactive like forms and such where they have their own handlers for the forms.

TCH does not support those. You would have to rely on building your forms and have them interact with a Perl or PHP cgi script.

Dang it- I thought I found the perfect product and now my favorite hosting company doesn't support it... :huh: Does TCH support forms and all from other softwares?

Best bet is to stay away from the proprietary stuff. NOF and Dreamweaver are both great WYSIWYG editors and you can get by without the other stuff they try to throw at you.

I guess my biggest issue is the whole forms thing... Are there ways to (somewhat easily ;) ) get a forum up? From what I understand, there are ways- but are the ways comparable to performing brain surgery? :huh:

:hug: Thanks guys! :hug:

Eric, if you are dumping FrontPage because you can't get the form web-bot to work you should take a look at the Ultimate Form Mail script. Using this script you can make your FrontPage forms work.

Or you can request help in the Looking for... forum and I am sure someone will be able to assist you in creating a form handler.

No... that isn't the reason. After I've been doing websites for some political candidates for free, I have kind of thought that I should think about doing this as a business and all. If I'm going to charge someone for my services, I want to offer the highest quality possible and I don't think that that satisfaction can be acheived using FrontPage. With regard to the forum issue I had... I probably will use that. Thanks!

Keep in mind, Eric, that the WebDAV stuff they are talking about, in the context they mention it, is FORMS not FORUMS. If you want to have a forum then there is at least one here at TCH that you can one-click install and then format to your taste. The forUms are not generally functions of the web creation software but rather a whole heap of programming on the back end.

It's like Forms. You can use FP's built-in form thingy and it will only work on some of the servers, or you can use Jack's Ultimate Form program and it will work anywhere that has PHP. Any features you can't use can be done other ways. It's just a matter of which product you prefer to use to do the rest of the site with.

By all means, get your hands on every trial version you can and see what it's like. You'll have to give the beefier versions a fair shake though - you can't fully eval Dreamweaver in an hour for instance.

Hope it helps!