Email Attachment Size

It really depends more on the receivers ISP. If it is like some you may only get 2MB of mailbox space and the maximum one can receive is 2MB - size of files already in mailbox. There is no way to change that unless the ISP has greater plans.

Want to make it simple? Upload it to your web space and send a link that the person can click on and choose to save it to disk.

To my knowledge there is no limit on the size of a file attachment. There are quotas in cpanel, so if someone had a quota of say, 2meg, and an attachment was sent that was over that; it would be bounced.

Various email clients (such as Outlook, or webmail) may have settings to restrict sizes of files. But there isn't any restriction server-side. I've sent and received files up to about 6 meg in email.

If you're going to do this, however, warn the recipient, because it *can* cause some problems or just cause them to be very confused. Ultimately, if you really need to transfer large files, you would be best setting up a directory for those files and using ftp. I realize that's not always possible though.

Especially if the client is on dial-up this needs to be avoided at all costs.

So, the question I'd have to ask is what email clients are involved, and what size files?

Thanks for the advice.

I've asked what email client their using but haven't gotten a reply. My guess is their using some form of Outlook to pass Powerpoint presentation files around.

I think I'm close to convincing them to use FTP for this kind of thing.

Thanks again for all your help. I remain pleased as punch with TCH!