Now Hiring!

Head Guru

Hello Folks,

I am looking to bring on a part time Web Designer.

Must have working knowledge of Flash, HTML, Dreamweaver, Photoshop or Fireworks.

This is a part time posistion designing customer and TCH web sites. Artistic ability is a must!

Will need to design graphics as well as layouts and entire web sites.

Please email me or chat me on AOL IM / Yahoo IM.

Thank you!

I had to post to just say... isn't it interesting that 60 people have viewed your post and no one has a reply for you about the post.. LOL! :blink:

I think its great, you look for people on the forum to help you.

BTW, really happy with the help desk, the forum help and the easy to use reseller account and cpanels.

Thanks!

Weezy :blink:

isn't it interesting that 60 people have viewed your post and no one has a reply for you about the post.

Anytime TCH is hiring I'm interested, but for this job I'm way outclassed. I'm a great programmer and do pretty good web designs but I'm not a graphics type of person - too scientifically minded I guess.

isn't it interesting that 60 people have viewed your post and no one has a reply for you about the post.

Anytime TCH is hiring I'm interested, but for this job I'm way outclassed. I'm a great programmer and do pretty good web designs but I'm not a graphics type of person - too scientifically minded I guess.

I love the graphics side of stuff, its the coding that I find so hard.

Its so mumble jumbo. LOL

:goof:

Weezy

Always makes me wish I were more gifted as well. I will always be a mediocre web designer as I'm neither overly technical nor artistic.

Hi Bell!

I went to your site and I see a ton of x's...

What am I doing wrong?

Weezy

Where would we be working from? At TCH or at home?? I'm in PA.....

I imagine you could work from anywhere...

Weezy, I use Photoshop and Illustrator to do graphics, and have Swish 2.0 for Flash (Although I haven't messed with it much to date).

I just can't do a whole lot artistically. I can do things like what I have on www.omgn.com, but that's it.

I imagine you could work from anywhere...

Weezy, I use Photoshop and Illustrator to do graphics, and have Swish 2.0 for Flash (Although I haven't messed with it much to date).

I just can't do a whole lot artistically. I can do things like what I have on www.omgn.com, but that's it.

Hey there!

What are online games? I have heard of them.. Can you describe?

SWISH is so great. Its easy to use. Adobe is great for alot of graphics isn't it?

I see alot of artictic creativity at that site.

What are you talking about? :(

Weezy

Online multiplayer games are... Well, they're games that you can play on the Internet with more than one person, pretty much..

Rob, 'c' comes before 's'. I don't have enough oomph to get it to an 's' yet. lol...

I really don't think that OMGN is very artistic, but it's got some good graphics. My artistic, I mean... Stuff like Deviant Art.

Yes, I'm contributing to the off-topic here. :(

Let's get back on-topic, shall we?

To add to the off topic posts that are taking over this thread cause I wanna play too.

I think we are going to see more of Bill's posts starting off as closed :(

Sarah, I'm sure it would be working from wherever you wish to work from. Bill doesn't have a cubicle farm (that I know of) and anything that can be done remotely here is done remotely. Get with him on IM... you never know what will happen!

To add to the off topic posts that are taking over this thread cause I wanna play too.

I see alot of artictic creativity at that site.

That is Roberts problem, he doesnt have quite enough to be considered artistic :dance:

Those bad spelling gremlins... :dance:

Weezy

I'm a web/graphic designer... =) firstly, I'm an artist though.

Currently I'm a freelancer, working mostly for a company called MLT Group.

Should I post samples of my work here?

Last time I posted a link it got removed, so I'm not sure what to do about linking to sites I've created.

I hand code, use dreamweaver, photoshop, and have been a web designer for 5 years now. It's how I make my living, it's not a hobby, and customer satisfaction is extremely important to me.

If you'd like a resume and references let me know.

***email removed***

~Mike

Last time I posted a link it got removed, so I'm not sure what to do about linking to sites I've created.

A link will only be removed if where it takes you would be inappropriate for all the family members. We have under age people frequenting these forums.

Edited by TCH-Bruce

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I do some of what's asked for, but this time I think I'll recommend a friend instead. She's been working on some high profile websites, including this one:

h*tp://www.christianingebrigtsen.com/

She lives and works in Oslo, Norway.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure how much work you will be needing because I have other clients waiting, but I have design skills in html and photoshop. Cafenintendo.com is my site, I just registered my new design site tch, and you can look through cafenintendo.com/pics for various designs and layouts I've made.

Hmm well graphics aren't my fortay i'm a site programmer myself

A word about "forte":

Easily among the most often mispronounced words in English, "forte" (pronounced fort) is a French noun literally meaning "strength" and used as a syonym for "metier" or "specialty."

"Forté" (pronounced for-TAY), on the other hand, is an Italian adverb literally meaning "strongly" and used as a musical direction.

Thanks for bearing with me in yet another rant.

[Edit: When I expressed the foregoing, it was meant not as an attack on kussie, but as a scholarly remark on the usage of a common English term. If it was perceived as a personal rebuke, my apologies for my lack of clarity. I have been an editor for 19 years, and as such took the opportunity to address a pet peeve.

Again: I hope that kussie will not feel singled out or slighted; I bear him no ill will, and I hope no one will read any animus into the foregoing.]

Edited by Boojum

This has got to stop, not everyone is an English major, and a large portion of our family here speaks english as a second or third language.

Theres no need to point out misspellings, everyone knew exactly what kussie meant, and there was no need to correct them.

Forte means loud in music, actually (Just above an "average" sound)... Most people tend to play fortissimo (Sp? It means really loud, haha) anyway, at least they did in my high school band...

Hey Mike, is this position still open?

Mike - I agree with your rant in response to boojums rant.

The only word I misuse all the time is whilst. oh and No Way! oh almost forgot

about my constant misuse of the word bull and sometime bullish, on occasion bulls$#@. I sometime say "Way!". Followed by "Cool" Not to be forgotten is the word uptime. Why not say .1 % downtime? Why say 99.9% uptime.

We all just need to get along.

This posistion is no longer open.

Closing thread.