Main Account Name

blackhood

Hey all,

I am new here.. Signed up with totalchoice after all the good reviews on findmyhosting.com.

How can I go about changing the main account name.. totalchoice chose blackho (insert joke here) as the name for the account.

I would like it to be blackhood.

Thanks!

When did you sign up? Have you received your welcome email with account information? I had a problem when I signed up once by choosing the wrong account type and went to the online chat to talk to someone who was able to fix me up by cancelling the first account and having me sign up again. You might give that a try. I'm not sure what the restraints are on the main account name. It may have to be fewer than the nine letters in blackhood. I'm sure an administrator will have more answers for you. Good luck.

We cannot change the main username once the account is set up, without totally wiping your account out, and recreating it on our servers.

If you want this done, now is the time to do it. Please go to the Support Desk, and open a support ticket, and ask that this get done. Make sure you list the username you want, as well as the password. HOWEVER, keep in mind that the username can ONLY be 8 letters long, so the one wanted will not work.

Who says perl scripts dont have a sense of humor.

Please understand that our username and password process is 100% automated. I promise you not one person on my staff would have given you the username "blackho".

With that said, there is a no-username change policy in effect here at TCH. It is simply to difficult to pull off name changes for every one that isnt happy with a username. However, in your case I think we could accomodate a change. Let me run this pass my staff and we will figure something out.

Bill