New Site Launch

Head Guru

After many months of work and several weeks of beta testing (thanks beta-testers) TCH is proud to announce the launching of our new web site.

http://www.totalchoicehosting.com

http://www.tchstatus.com

http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/help

This has been a long project but Mitch and the beta testers saw it thru to a awesome end!

Comments and suggestions are welcome here in this thread.

Thank You

Let me be among the first to say that I love it! So clean and clear, professional AND flashy!

One of my (personal) pet peeves is the pop-up menu from the flash menu bar does not have rollovers for the bulleted links. But that's just me! :D When I clicked over on status on the top right, the status page has a broken image on the bottom left right above the pull-down menu for the servers (see attached). If I find anything else I'll post it here :)

Keep up the great work!!!

later,

!!blue

post-33-1082253499_thumb.jpg

When I clicked over on status on the top right, the status page has a broken image on the bottom left right above the pull-down menu for the servers (see attached). If I find anything else I'll post it here.

Sorry about that, corrected now! The images didn't want to play nice with me.. :)

I'm sure I'm going to be one of the minority, but I don't care for it.

First of all, the text is horribly small and I can't adjust it. Sorry guys, but for those of us with less than 20/20, that's an obnoxious-looking site. It's waaaay too crowded and busy IMO.

I can't even read the menus that pop up at the top with the tiny black print on the dark backgrounds that bounce all over the place.

Is it really necessary to have to wait for the top menus top do their "thing" every page I go to?

Honestly, if this is what your site looked like when I first came to it, I probably wouldn't have stuck around to sign up.

Sorry. :)

First of all, the text is horribly small and I can't adjust it. 

Ah.. that comes from using fixed px sizes in CSS. If TCH would want the font size to be adjustable, I'd say use "em" sizes or %'s (if using percentages, tho, it affects surrouding text and changes all nested items).

:)

btw: if anyone's curious ab/t font sizes in CSS read this: Using Points, Pixels, Ems or Percentages

Hi,

Nice look. The only comment I have is that the top flash bar keeps reloading.

I am using IE. When it does the tabs disappear then reappear when the load is complete. Then it reloads again and again and again. It will give folks a headache

Thanks

Found one fault when looking at the page web-hosting-support.html

We would really appreciate you supporting TotalChoice Hosting by choosing to add a link from your pages to ours. We have either graphical links or text links that can be easily added to your

pages. This can be of great benefit to us and we would

like to thank you for your support.

Theres a non necessary line breaks between 1) your and pages 2) your and pages

So it would be:

We would really appreciate you supporting TotalChoice Hosting by choosing to add a link from your pages to ours. We have either graphical links or text links that can be easily added to your pages. This can be of great benefit to us and we would like to thank you for your support.

Love the new site design, only problem is that s the top is loading the tabs load first and if you hover over them nothing shows until the whole top flash animation has loaded. You might think of splitting them up into the menu flash and logo flash so that it idoesn't function like this.

Another thing with the top bar when you however over a tab and the neu popups up and you move your mouse over the links it might be an idea to have the link over which the mouse is to be highlighted.

Otherwise superb work a definite improvement over the previous site. Looks brighter, friendlier, warmer :) Especially love the new logo (maybe its time to bring it to the forums ?) :dance:

Looks much better and seems a lot easier to navigate - nice job :)

Only one criticism is the "reloading flash" that several others have mentioned ...

Ali

(who is so busy cxreating websitres for others that his own one is a complete mess as I haven't had time to redesign it!)

I just wanted to know, since there's this whole re-design thing could TCH bring out some buttons for us to put on our site ? New logo and all and please especially like the antipixel style ones see attached image
I like the button you made! :dance:

You can see our new link buttons and graphics here!

Nice look. The only comment I have is that the top flash bar keeps reloading.

I am using IE. When it does the tabs disappear then reappear when the load is complete. Then it reloads again and again and again. It will give folks a headache

It reloads again and again while your on the same page? The top flash graphic should only load once-per-page load.

Keep the feedback coming folks, the good stuff and the bad. :)

A little off topic I think but about your buttons, why do you prefer text link if we save it to our own little tch-spaces (and loads it from there) anyway?

Well I can't really go into really big detail, but for the most part its for search engine optimization reasons. The bots would rather read a link, and pick up on the keywords in it. Really though, either is a good way to go.

:)

No Mitch, it doesn't reload on the same page, it's just that it everytime you go to a new page you have to sit through the animation again. It's no big deal, but I can imagine that it might annoy some people - perhaps having the flash animation on the front page only would be better ...

Ali.

I think it looks great! I have I.E 6.0 and having no problem with it. Just my opinion. Did you guys use Dreamweaver, or do you do all your work in HTML?

Just asking I have Dreamweaver and it's worth every penny.

I've been using Dreamweaver to work on it this past week, and your right.. I might have to invest in a copy of the full version now. (This coming from a guy who has worked ONLY in Windows notepad for 6 years in fear of evolution..) ;) I'd say over all though it was a mix of lots of diffrent editing methods.

When I put something together, I usually run it through Netscape 4.7 and if it works there, it will run in any browser.

I don't know how many folks still use Netscape 4.7, but they say it's very little.

Your home page, http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/ is a complete disaster when viewed in Netscape 4.7

When viewed in Netscape 6.2, the Flash banner recycles and the menu tabs don't cascade upward.

I get the same results in Firebird 0.7

It seems to run good in Netscape 7.1

Richard

This will likely put me in a curmudgeonly minority, but I have to ask: Is a flash menu really necessary? I don't have flash installed on my linux laptop because it creates a system conflict that crashed my browser -- I'd like to have it, but haven't been able to get it working, ever. So there's no flash menu for me on any of the new sites, and the status page is completely non-functional.

I know, I know, everybody has flash these days. But, really, not everybody does. Locking functionality into presentation seems like something that can only hurt TCH's ability to serve customers who, for whatever reason, don't have flash -- old computer, text reader, non-graphical browser, whatever.

One other note: I receive a 404 page when I click on CPanel->Overview on the new help page (URL is http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/help/id20.htm).

Otherwise, I like the color scheme and general style of the site. Knowing the prior system of TCH pages, it's clear that you all worked really hard at reorganizing as well as designing. Kudos on that effort!

-Alan

I agree with others about flash transitions. They look nice, but people come to find information and want it quick, so the menu should be available right away.

Why wouldn't you split flash files and have separate menu.swf and load it using loadMovie, like on level 2? Menu should be in browser cache then and appear instantly [flash has to be on blue background though]

Well, if you have to have it in flash... I personally like help site navigation - very nice ;)

I use Dreamweaver MX 2004, and Macromedia Flash MX 2004 and yep, it is worth every Penny. ;) Though Flash is still on one of my 'Things to figure out' list. :)

The new site looks Great. Might be just my mind going crazy after soo much sleep missing. :) but it seems to load faster to me.

With flash added and me on Dialup it would seem crazy for it to be faster, but it is to me!

And as for the guy who said he used IE Text Size thing on the site and it did not work. I am in "IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633 SP"<Whatever Version that is supposed to be LoL! and it worked fine for me, the Text Size list works for me aswell. :)

Thomas,

I have a meet at the Fire Dept. in a few hours, I have to be at the Explorer meeting if I want to stay in the explorer program, and I need to find out the date. ;)

Soon I will get to do the EMT-First Responder classes, I just need to know the date! :)

So No sleep for me tonight. :)

The "guy" was me :) and I am also on IE 6.0.28whatever. When I put text size to Large or Largest, the text size doesn't increase in the slightest - some of the spaces between paragraphs do, but there is NO change to the text.

Since I'd have to use my bifocals and literally get my nose to the screen to read the flash menus, I guess I won't be using the home page for anything anymore. ;) And yes, the flash reloading on EVERY page is quite annoying.

Making text small so you can cram more on a page is NOT the solution. There's too much going on and nowhere to focus.

I'm not going to install another browser simply because TCH decides they don't like IE. Forgive me if I sound unhappy, but with all the talk in the forums about making things readable for all browsers and people, you don't seem to have taken that into consideration at all with this redesign.

I would have to agree with the fact the text is alil small, I like being able to lay on my bed while surfing the web. Which now that I am a customer here at TCH I rarely use the homepage for anything.

On the Help Web Site pages, in the left Menu, one f the entries is Tool and Scripts. Should it not be Tools and Scripts?
Fixed! ;)

The objections to the flash headers and the font sizes are being taken into consideration. One of the main purposes of doing the redesign was to make our pages lighter and easier to load. With the old layout, even on DSL I was having to wait for several minutes for some pages to load (like the plans page).

One other note: I receive a 404 page when I click on CPanel->Overview on the new help page (URL is http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/help/id20.htm).

Got this fixed as well.. :)

I have tested the layout in the latest versions of IE, Mozilla, Firefox and Opera and all loads as it should.

Is it just my browser or is the About Us menu off? I show one too many bullets and then Hosting family goes to Link to Us and Gurus goes to Hosting family and there are no Gurus. FireBird 0.6

Edit: Looks like the way my browser is displaying things, all menu items are one higher than they should be. Clicking the blank spot works for me.

menu.jpg

Edited by TCH-Rob

I can add,

MSN Explorer, and CompuServe work fine for me on the TCH Site, with no errors that I noticed. :)

Edited by Alan

Is it just my browser or is the About Us menu off? I show one too many bullets and then Hosting family goes to Link to Us and Gurus goes to Hosting family and there are no Gurus. FireBird 0.6

*cough* upgrade your browswer *cough* :) haha

No, I hadn't had this problem, and I'm using Firefox .8. The about us menu should go like this:

terms of use

use policy

client comments

data centers

link to us

hosting family

tch gurus

The site is much improved. It seems much better organized and easier to navigate. And much more reflective of the talent and professionalism of the company.

I noticed a broken link: About Us > Hosting Family > Friends.

Excellent job! Congratulations! It is apparent that so much thought and work went into this redesign.

VI

This coming from a guy who has worked ONLY in Windows notepad for 6 years in fear of evolution.

Mitch, Triple-H, Flair, Batista and Orton are enough to make mere mortals tremble, but what's that got to do with Notepad/Dreamweaver? :) ;)

About the "Recommend To A Friend", I'd think it may not be a good thing because every time I get something like that I instantly think gimick, spam or "Yeah, sure you know my friend Bob!" A personal email from a friend's address may be a better thing even though it's a touch less convenient.

Bellringr, hang tight! They're not done with the mods yet! Don't give up on em!

A very tiny little thing:

On the left side of the server stats pages, under the heading "Real Time Server Stats" the "L" appears to be in bold face and there is possibly an unnecessary space after it...

Edit: Just noticed this appears on all the tchstatus.com pages

on this page: http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/help/

Something weird is happening with the links on the left... on my monitor, anyway. It appears that any links which are longer than one line are getting "squished." Like that technical word??? :dance: ;) Anyway, the second line of the link is only half showing. This is the case with the third link down (Total Choice Something or other) the 17th down (Third Party Something or Other) and the bottom link (Web Hosting Something or Other). Sorry I couldn't be more specific.... they're just squished.

Here's an odd error I got from the "TCH - Links to Us" www.totalchoicehosting.com/web-hosting-links.html attached (also the page doesn't match the rest of the site and I got to this page from the Site Map).

post-33-1082342308_thumb.jpg