Sign in to follow this  
crossma

Tch Deleted My Account, Cut My Email, Without Note

Hi

I have been a loyal customer of TCH for over a year. I have loved their service and support, until recently.

Your account was used to in an attempt to gain root access to our server. Several files were uploaded and a root kit was used from your login.

This is not only enough to terminate your service, but we have also forwarded the server logs onto the proper authorities.

Your account has been terminated.

What irks me is that they do not bother to inform me that they have taken this action and that they maintain my guilt in this matter. I have not done anything wrong, but am being treated like a criminal. I will forward this issue on to the BBB, as TCH have been very poor in handling my situation.

This is their last email regarding my request for my data:

I am sorry but you are fully responsible for your account and any actions taken by it.

Warmest Regards,

Bill Kish

General Manager

TotalChoice Hosting

All I want now is to have my information returned, the data that we have been building for the previous year. I would also appreciate an apology for TCH's repeated accusations of me hacking their server and breaking it.

Roy

I think you should read the Terms of Service page.

And also the Acceptable Use Policy page.

General Information

TotalChoice Hosting customers are prohibited from transmitting on or through any of TotalChoice Hosting's services, any material that is, in TotalChoice Hosting's sole discretion, unlawful, obscene, threatening, abusive, defamatory, libelous, or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, federal or international law.

In general, you may NOT use your TotalChoice Hosting account:

In a manner which violates any law, regulation, treaty or tariff;

In a manner which violates the rules, regulations and policies of any network, server, web site, database or service provider that you access through your TotalChoice Hosting account;

In a manner which is defamatory, fraudulent, indecent, offensive or deceptive;

To threaten, harass, abuse or intimidate others;

To damage the name or reputation of TotalChoice Hosting , its' parent, affiliates and subsidiaries;

To break security on any computer network, or to access an account which does not belong to you; or

In a manner which interferes with other customers' use and enjoyment of the services provided by TotalChoice Hosting .

Security

You are responsible for any misuse of your account, even if the inappropriate activity was committed by a friend, family member, guest, visitor or employee. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain access to your account. In addition, you may not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server.

Edited by TCH-Bruce

I did not let anybody get access to my account. There is no reason that anyone would have been on it.

Imagine if out of the blue your home page is taken offline and the system admins tell you that it is your reponsibility for making sure that nobody uses the account to commit any malicious acts.

crossma. you may not know about it but someone could have gotten access to your account...it DOES happen. They could have cracked your password or installed a keylogger program on your computer and gotten the username and password.

Sorry but these things do happen, yes I know me saying sorry doesn't help you.

Your account is used in a attempt to hack our servers, and I delete your account!

CASE CLOSED.

I will be glad to present our findings to the BBB, the FBI and your local state authorities. Computer Crime is a Felony in the state of Michigan.

Perhaps you forgot to read the TOS before you started playing around with rootkits on my server.