Php And Domain Transfer - Separate Topics/question

fromsitepoint

Several posters from Sitepointforums recommended TCH, so I am inquiring.

I am happy with my current host, but want my next site to be on a different host, so as not to depend totally on one host.

First Question: with my current host, using php is easy. The scripts are mostly cut-and-past from hotscripts, etc. All I do is just use the .php extension and ftp my pages like any others.

Is it more complicated with TCH? Do I have to use phpadmin (whatever that is?)

Second Question: I have a new (2 days old) domain at Registerfly. According to what I read on your site a transfer must wait 60 days. Is there a way to speed up this process? I could change ownership of my new domain from Registerfly to another email account I have. Would that speed things up?

Hello fromsitepoint,

PHP should be just as easy to use as from your current host. Just place the files there, and they are ready to go. Phpmyadmin which you may have seen reference to, is a tool for mysql administration, it doesn't really have anything to do with PHP other than that it's written in PHP.

To actually transfer the domain from registerfly to TCH, you can't get around the 60 day limit. However, that won't prevent you from using the domain immediately. All you need to do once you get an account with TCH, is through registerfly set the nameserver host entries to TCH's nameservers, and you will be ready to go within 72 hours max.

If there's anything else we can answer, please ask. B)

Edited by TCH-MikeJ

Thanks very much.

If I have an account or the Starter Package at TCH, will I be able to ftp to my site once the nameservers are changed? Or will I have to wait 60 days for the domain transfer to go through?

How do I sign up with TCH without a domain? I won't be able to host my site at TCH until 60 days?

Will speed and resolution of my site be enhanced if only the nameservers are changed?

Right now my site fails to come up 30 percent of the time at Registerfly.

Should I wait before sending my domain to the search engines?

Thanks again.

If I have an account or the Starter Package at TCH, will I be able to ftp to my site once the nameservers are changed? Or will I have to wait 60 days for the domain transfer to go through
You don't have to wait, as soon as your account is active you can access it directly. You will be able to access your site by using h**p://server##.totalchoicehosting.com/~username or ftp directly by IP.

How do I sign up with TCH without a domain? I won't be able to host my site at TCH until 60 days?

Just enter the name of the domain you wish to use. It can be changed later if the domain is unavailable. If you have already registered the domain, you do not have to transfer it to TCH, just point to the TCH nameservers.

Will speed and resolution of my site be enhanced if only the nameservers are changed?

Right now my site fails to come up 30 percent of the time at Registerfly.

I'm not sure what you are asking, but it is late and my brain slows down after 10:00 P.M. :P

Should I wait before sending my domain to the search engines?

It is a good idea to wait until you have your site up and running.

Once you have your site in place here,

you can goto your domain register and change the name servers to the ones given to you in your welcome e-mail.

Then in up to 72 hours your domain will point here and you can ftp to your domain as well as the http://server##.totalchoicehosting.com/~username method.

Be sure to say hello in the introductions forum so we can give you the offical warm welcome :P

Edited by TCH-Don