Php Bb Login Problem

hindixp

Hi,

tired of this issue, most of users on one of my hosted site are not able to Get the Login page, even when i try to login with Admin user/pass i get 404 errors.

when i refresh the main page of the forum after a 404 i am able to see the option to see the "Go To Admin panel" link

Any Help on this!

Moved to scripting talk for organization.

There are some common problems listed in the phpbb FAQ. If you look at 23, that might be the problem:

# I (or my users) cannot stay logged in to the forum!

If you (or your users) are, after attempting a login, being returned to the index (or other page) without appearing to be logged in the most likely problem is incorrect cookie settings. phpBB 2 uses cookies to store a session id and a small amount of user data. For this data to be stored correctly the cookie domain, path and secure settings must be correct. You can check this in Admin->General Configuration->Cookie settings. Typically the cookie domain can be left blank and the cookie path set to / (a single forward slash). Do not set the cookie as being secure unless your board is running over a secure sockets layer connection, ie. https://

If you still have problems try setting the cookie domain to your full domain name, eg. www.mysystem.tld, www.something.mydomain.tld. You must ensure the domain name contains at least two dots or browsers will be unlikely to recognise the cookie, eg. .****, ****. Do not add http:// or anything else to the domain name!

I also did a search on their forums for '404 when logging in' and came up with several threads:

here

here

here

That should get you off to a start. Here are the search results too.

Hope that helps. =)

Edited by TCH-Lisa