Skins In Cpanel & Deleting Directory

bigbear

Hi

Does TCH have other skins for cPanel? I know that cPanel can support other skins, with the default Blue Lagoon being the one used by TCH.

I have a folder in my server which I installed a php gallery script. Now I can't delete that folder - I've searched for .htaccess files and found none. Is there anyway to delete an unwanted folder besides using the file manager in cPanel? Even trying to delete it through a FTP client doesn't work. :lol:

cPanel does have other skins, but they are not changeable at the user level. Sorry.

As for deleting, your FTP application should have the ability to "see hidden files" or to filter to see those files. What FTP client are you using? Once you can see those files, you can indeed use it to delete the evasive 'contents' of the folder and then the folder itself.

Li

I am currently using smartFTP. It can see the hidden files in the public html folder, but it can't see any in the folders which I tried to delete.

Possible to change the default skin for cPanel on TCH's side? It doesn't look too good. B)

Where exactly is this folder located? Can you post the path here ( like /public_html/forum/gallery or similar)? If the folder that you want to delete is within public_html or public_ftp, then you should have no problems. So if it persists, please submit a support desk ticket with all of the specific details.

BlueLagoon is the most stable and bug-free of the skins TCH has available. Also, from a support stand point, it sure makes things easier if we are all talking the same language. In other words, if I were to give you a step-by-step set of instructions to accomplish something using bluelagoon and you aren't using bluelagoon, how confounding would that be? Different skins put different cpanel options in different places. My instructions would be worthless, you'd be aggrevated and we both would have just wasted a lot of time.

I'm not saying that changing the TCH default skin is completely out of the question, but it would be a big thing, not just a simple flip of a switch.

Lianna

I like the BlueLagoon one personally. I've seen screenshots of the other skins and they don't look better to me...but that's of course only my opinion. As a newbie at this whole webdesign thing, I'd rather not have to get used to another skin personally. B)