Sign in to follow this  
epix

Each Page Have Different Meta?

Should I just cut and past the meta tags from my index page onto all my other pages. Like in my blog there is comment page. There is a search type page. There is a pingback and trackback, Archives etc. Or should I change the Keywords and description for each page?

That depends. If you have individual entries permalinked, you may wish to have your meta tags identified by keywords in the post.

I'm not really sure how much weight meta tags are given; I've read a lot of conflicting information on this, so it may not be necessary.

All of my pages (also a weblog) have all the same meta's; I come up on a lot of google keywords so maybe that is enough. =)

No one I have heard says meta tags are bad. Many say they are worthless. In either case I'd put them in if you want to get in the search engines. For instance, some of them use the description meta tag to tell folks what your site's about.

If your different pages have different focus then sure, use different tags. If they are all just "more of the same" as many blogs are, or if you are not worried about the sub-pages coming up in a search engine then don't even worry about the tags.

Okay i got ya... just wondering. This whole Page Rank thing is giving me a headache. So much stuff to worry about and think about. Its crazyness =)