Sign in to follow this  
sts

Don't Name Your Header Graphics 'banner'

I lost my banner.jpg just couldn't see it - blank browser window and no picture at all.

After many attempts of resaving and reuploading it and many wild theories like "there's a bad sector on the server" or "windows update screwed up my computer" I finally realized that I turned on Norton's ad blocking [and forgot about it]

So it blocks everything, including my innocent background art :dance:

Yep, I had that problem once with our company site. I created a folder for navigation images and called the folder "banner" which caused numerous problems.

Most firewall software will block anything with "banner" in the name and/or path.

Thanks for the info... I hadn't heard that.

wow thanks for that I didn't know about that, now I"ll have to go around re-naming every banner I have :) is this also true for image under a folder called *banner*

wow thanks for that I didn't know about that, now I"ll have to go around re-naming every banner I have :) is this also true for image under a folder called *banner*

Yes, I had problems with a folder called "banner" that held my navigation images.