A Few Presales Questions

bjs

Hi,

I'm shopping around for a web host and have a couple questions:

1)I'm just getting into PHP, and wondering if I hosted my website with you, is it possible for me to edit my own php configuration in php.ini? At my current host, I do this with an htaccess file.

2)Do I get my own cgi bin?

3)At my current webhost (icdsoft), they won't allow me access to the directory just above my public /www/ folder. The reason it's important for me to have such access is that I've been I've been reading a book about PHP and it explains that if i have any scripts or files with sensitive information (like databse access scripts), that they should be placed outside of the www folder so that they can't be accessed by the public. So my question is, if I hosted with you would I be able to do this?

4)Is non-shared SSL available?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Hi, I'm a customer but I think I can answer your questions:

1) You can configure your .htaccess files if you wish.

2) You can execute scripts from any directory if you wish, cgi-bin included.

3) You have access to your "home/user" directory, which is at the same level as your "www" directory, to keep files out of the www file. I do this too.

4) For regular accounts, a shared SSL is usually available. It is not avaiable for reseller accounts. But it sounds like you're not going in the reseller account direction. You should be all set.

If I'm wrong on any of these points, a TCH tech person will be along shortly to gently correct me. But I'm pretty sure about these answers.

When you do sign up, make a stop at the "introductions" area so we can give you a formal welcome. TCH has been an absolute rock-stable, true service oriented web hosting company. I KNOW you will be happy. If you're not, you have 30 days to decide and cancel. You've got nothing to lose really.

I hope you enjoy your stay hear as much as I have!

Good luck! Thumbs Up

bjs,

4)Is non-shared SSL available?
>Yes, if you do not wish to use the FREE Shared SSL you can have your own dedicated SSL added onto your site:

Dedicated SSL

$35/Install

$85/Yearly

Hope this helps,

And if you decide to join us, Welcome home! :)

If you need anything else, just ask.

1)I'm just getting into PHP, and wondering if I hosted my website with you, is it possible for me to edit my own php configuration in php.ini? At my current host, I do this with an htaccess file.

Just to clarify what HC said on this item, you can configure your PHP ini settings using your .htaccess file.