Server Uptime

OvenMitt

http://www.tchstatus.com/status.html

On that page it states 99.9% uptime. Is that right?

From my calculation that comes out to about 9 hours a year. I think we have far surpassed that mark. But I can’t really complain because you get what you pay for and I have surely gotten my 4 bucks a month worth.

Also Bill please don't ignore my emails. We need to talk.

Also Bill please don't ignore my emails. We need to talk.

I can promise you Bill isn't ignoring your e-mails, but he is a very busy guy. If you have something you need to discuss you might try contacting another staff member or putting in a help desk ticket about it.

I suggest you submit a help desk ticket if you need help. I really dont have time to personally reply to every email in the box.

Secondly, uptime is averaged over all TCH servers for the year.

Right now we are hovering at 99.999% :P

Just a little info about uptime, copied from another post BTW.

99.9% uptime is averaged over all TCH servers. This is averaged over a 12 month period. Let's do some math, shall we?

55 Virtual Servers

99.9% = 43 minutes down time per month. 2365 minutes per month is our allowable down time based on 55 servers to achieve a 99.9% uptime. (40 hours per month.)

We are WELL within our advertised 99.9% uptime.

Server8 is a perfect example.

That server had seen 99.9+% uptime over the past 12 months until yesterday. Then it melted down yesterday. Average yesterdays outage over 12 months and what do you get?

365 days x 1440 Minutes (24hours=1440 minutes) = 535600 minutes.

We had a 9hour outage yesterday that equates to 540 minutes.

99.9% = 43 minutes per month or 516 hours per year.

So the users on Server8 have has a 99.89% uptime ratio over the past 12 months.

Of course now we have 60 servers as opposed to the 55 mentioned in that quote.

Please remember also that the figure does not claim to include scheduled outages for maintenance purposes. These are, from my experience, very infrequent and always for the better good in the long run whether it is processor upgrades, moves to better datacenters or emergency patches for security sake.

I suggest you submit a help desk ticket if you need help. I really dont have time to personally reply to every email in the box.

Secondly, uptime is averaged over all TCH servers for the year.

Right now we are hovering at 99.999% ;)

99.999% don't get much better than that. Good job guys :P

I'd be happy with just 99.998, but 99.999! WOW!

There's always one in every bunch! :dance:

We'll I'm not on a $4 a month plan, so I expect 99.99% uptime! And a free mug too ... you know, the one that changes colors when there's hot and cold stuff in it? And I don't want one of those tiny mugs either ... I want a good size 20+ oz ... with my initials engraved in it and signed by some sports major sports player, or Nascar race car driver.

THEN we're talking about a really good hosting company!!!

(I guess it's late and I'm getting a little punchy :dance: :blink: )