Colorblind

ADAMmedia

Ever wonder what a website might look like to a colorblind person?

I was doing a research paper on colorblind designers, and came across this:

http://www.vischeck.com/vischeck/vischeckURL.php

This has 3 types of colorblind options. Just pick one and enter the site URL and click "Run Vischeck!". It may take a minute or two, but it's pretty interesting.

I've had this one in my bookmarks for quite some time; it's an excellent web site, especially if you're trying to be conscientious and design with colorblind people in mind.

Here's another one for you that might be helpful in the pre-development stages. I have it saved in my bookmarks as "Color Schemes". It will allow you to choose a color scheme for your web site then click one of the links and see how it looks to people with different types of colorblindness. Check it out!

:goof:

Doesn't work for me. I'm colorblind (both red/green and blue/purple) and *none* of the three options they give works. None of the "colorblind looking" pages for google.com looks like the original page. Likewise, it fails on a few others I figured I'd test.

It's possible it's because they in no way include blue/purple colorblind, which isn't terribly uncommon.

I just updated the link I gave, but now that I've done it, I see that !!blue had posted the correct URL before I had a chance to update mine.

Thanks !!blue :D

The newest link has better data (for my eyes), but it still doesn't work. I match "tritanomaly" for the monochromatic red, but that's the only one. All the others there's a noticible difference between "normal vision" and any/all of the colorblind options, just like the link in the original test.