Mt Weblogs

I am trying to design a website with three groups of weblogs. I can do this either by having two of them as subdomains or at least as separate directories. I have already installed MT on the main site. and can set up the weblog there. But I want to know if I will need to instal MT for each of the subdomains or subdirectories.

Can someone help me ?

You can run all your weblogs from one installation. I have four set up on a site. I set up my MT in ****/mt so that everyone accesses it at ****/mt/mt.cgi (for the MT control.) You can set up the individual weblogs in MT to control which subdirectory to upload the html files. It is much more efficient to install MT once rather than in each subdomain.

You can set up the individual weblogs in MT to control which subdirectory to upload the html files. It is much more efficient to install MT once rather than in each subdomain.

Yep, and that means that it's no problem to mix and match subdomain blogs with blogs located in subdirectories. It's really slick.

I did the same, installed Movable Type in the main root and then created subdomains for each blog.

They all log in from the same page, but then are "switched" by MT to their archives, created in the relating subdomain.

And they all work great, fast and without errors :D

Well, I've been converting between having four separate installs of MT to one central one.. It's somewhat tough, but doable if you do the right sequences.

If anybody is curious how to merge separate installs, just ask me. I've got a process that seems to work, I haven't run across any bugs yet.