Outlook Setup

evanginc

My computer was stolen on a recent trip so I've been busy changing passwords. Got my new computer (laptop) and decided to use OUTLOOK instead of Outlook Express. When I go to put in the info for my email account, it doesn't work. Please help. For sending and recieving email I use "mail.2helpout.net", for my web site. I've changed the passwords so I know the name and passwords are correct. What am I doing wrong. For the account I put the full email name.

Did you try username+2helpout.net for your User Name?

(replacing username with the name you set in cpanel)

Another thing to check: did you make sure that you used the same cases in cpanel and in Outlook? The servers are case sensitive - so if you set up the name "evanginc" it has to be "evanginc+2helpout.net" in the User Name. It can't be Evanginc or any such thing - cases must match - same goes for passwords. =)

Also, did it give you any specific error? That would help to find the problem.

Did you try username+2helpout.net for your User Name?

(replacing username with the name you set in cpanel)

Another thing to check: did you make sure that you used the same cases in cpanel and in Outlook? The servers are case sensitive - so if you set up the name "evanginc" it has to be "evanginc+2helpout.net" in the User Name. It can't be Evanginc or any such thing - cases must match - same goes for passwords. =)

Also, did it give you any specific error? That would help to find the problem.

The message is that the email server cannot be located.

Is mail.2helpout.net what was in your setup email? is it your primary domain?

I ask because I note that you have a site at www.evanginc.com - if that is your primary domain it may be mail.evanginc.com as your server....

But I would go by the initial set up email that you received. Beyond that I wil defer to someone with more access to troubleshoot. =)