FTP Client?

TCH-Sales

Hey guys and gals! I was wondering if anybody could sugest a good, and free would be even better, FTP Client for me to use?

Lately I've been having the trouble of not being able to delete a folder because it's got something inside it I can't see. I hope that maybe a better FTP client will keep me from having to bug the big guy in charge from having to just delete a silly folder for me..

Right now I'm using LeechFTP, most of it's written in German and has been actually discontinued by the creator.. ha.. Well, any sugestions are welcome, please help! :(

Web site design is as much using the artistic side of the brain as it is the logical, programming side - perhaps even more! The right mix of colors, images, layout, size of fonts, etc. all deal with presentation - a far cry from my COBOL and FORTRAN programming days during the 1970's!

-kw

The right mix of colors, images, layout, size of fonts, etc. all deal with presentation - a far cry from my COBOL and FORTRAN programming days during the 1970's!

Boy KW you just struck an aging cord with me. I still miss the goto's don't you?

Now does that blue look best with that blue or should I add a yellow?

Would it look better if I just moved that graphic up one pixel? No it looks better maybe if I move it down three.

Just not the same!

Today's computers come with 128MB of memory or greater.

Back in the 1970's I was working on multi-user computers that had a whopping 32KB of memory -- yep 32,000 - not 32 million bytes of memory!

Even as recently as 1989, PC's came standard with 20mb disk drives. Now, I have 128mb of memory disk hooked to my keyring with a USB port!

And people wonder how we got ourselves into the Y2K problem (only storing the last 2 digits of the year)!

-kw

Ah, memory lane. I remember the first computer modifications I made were to a TRS-80 in 1979 that came with 16k of memory and I added another 16k by opening the case (voiding the warranty) and seems there was some soldering that had to be done. It didn't even come with a disk drive so programs were on cassette tape. I bought a stringy floppy (no jokes please) and was able to load programs in half the time. My first computer with hard drive a a whopping 5 meg drive which I later sold and replaced it with a giant 20 meg drive. I don't miss waiting 20 minutes to download a 16k Scott Adams game with a 300 baud modem. (I now run some of those programs on my Visor Handspring.)

Man, Ricky! We have a LOT in common!

My first computer was a TRS80 (32k CoCoII) that I got for Christmas of 1981. I also save apps and data to standard cassette via the optional cable interface that cost like $25! For a Senior in highschool, that was a tough call between the cable and a full tank of gas for the 1970 LeMans. :)

I also have a Handspring Visor with all the goodies. Which is a far cry from the first "electronic organizer" that I ever had. We don't even need to go there. :)

Lianna

:)

Mine was Gold and yeah, I LOVED that CAR! Man it sure could eat some gas though. Since this thread is so far off topic now, I could mention that most of my friends in school were *garage guys* and they loved to tinker. So I made them a deal, "I'm never without wheels and you guys can race it. I get 10% of the winnings plus free parts/maintenance on my car." ...did I mention my LeMans was pretty fast?

:)

Still off topic but,

Obviously, I was of a different breed:

1966 Ford Mustang ... she was so sweet, candy-apple red with black interior.

My first ... well besides big blue that read cards (oh remember keeping those blasted cards in order!), a good ole Kaypro (darn near put Osborne out of business). I could not afford Radio Shake's expensive TRS-80! Remember Kaypro, the 45lb portable, oversized 9" screen and two; yes two floppy drives ... I was in high cotton in those days!