Propagation Question?

Is there a way to tell if my new domain has propagated yet? It's been way over the 24hr period.

Whenever I try to upload my files I get a prompt stating that:

*An FTP error occured - Cannot make connection to host.

The remote host cannot be found.

I'm using Dreamweaver for my new site and the settings are all identcal to my other site which works perfectly fine whenever I upload my files.

Thanks, Mitch! That was a great explanation, one this "average Sally on the street" can understand. Thumbs Up

I was always curious but figured the explanation I'd get would be "above" me. Thanks for putting it into words I could understand.

Now I'm off to "brag to your (my) non-techie friends"! B)

I sure hope they are coming back.

Well, I've gotten hit up with this question more than once since I've been back here. B) If there was an overwhelming surge of folks who really missed it or wanted it back, I'd have no problem with fitting time in to get it written up for you fine folks. :)

Think I once told somebody to start a petition on the forums to see if there was anybody else who wanted to see the "comeback". So, yes I'd consider it if the people wanted it back.

Edited by TCH-Mitch