New Cpanel Icons

Just opened up my cpanel (9.1.0-STABLE 59) and was pleasantly surprised by seeing the icons vs the text directory. However, I couldn't find an icon for phpMyAdmin. When I used the link from MySQL Account Maintenance, I received a "Page not found" error.

Was the phpMyAdmin icon forgotten or did I miss a thread somewhere? (Which could be entirely possible!) :D

With the new stable upgrade of cPanel that was pushed to the servers unannounced, the themes have changed.

We will be moving all our servers to the x2 theme over the next couple days.

In fact, I am working on your server now.

Well what happened is....

Yesterday around 4pm a major security hole was found in cpanel. As outlined here.

A very fast fix was announced and required a small change in cPanel.

Last night cPanel (in all their glory and ultimate wisdom) pushed a new stable upgrade to all stable servers so as to fix the security issue.

Oh all hail cPanel :D

I second the request for the bluelagoon theme - or at least a theme with lists of functionalities instead of icons. I know it's not very likely, since cPanel is dropping support for bluelagoon but, to be honest, it's the only theme I like because of the functionalities list instead of using icons :D

Im lost, what icons?

Im seeing icons for the headings, but apart from that a bunch of lists.

Thomas,

It's the new X2 theme and your server does not have it yet. The X theme doesn't have the icons they are referring to here.

Oh and by the way, I don't care for the icons either. I prefer the list view.

Edited by TCH-Bruce

yep on my server34 I'm on X with lists and prefer that. I actually prefer the lists in X to bluelagoon, I've seen the X2 theme with the icons and don't care much for it. Can't we keep the X theme I prefer that or haave a choice of themes available to change ?

I also see some new items at the very bottom of the CPanel home page:

>------Pro-----------
Submit a Support Request
Image Manager
BoxTrapper
Leech Protect

Can someone let me know what these do/are?

thanks,

!!blue

I also see some new items at the very bottom of the CPanel home page:

>------Pro-----------
Submit a Support Request
Image Manager
BoxTrapper
Leech Protect

Can someone let me know what these do/are?

thanks,

!!blue

Those are features of cpanel pro, they actually have very little real life use and will probably be removed from our servers. I know that two of the features dont even work because we do not have cpanel pro installed on our servers.

I opened my CP maybe 2 days ago to find the X or X2 CP in place and was presently suprised. But now when I open CP its returned back to the old version. Im on server 53.

Why the revert?

Wayne

I just saw the theme (got andy to change it) and boy it look sreally bad. I mean it looks more or less the same just its much more harder to navigate around u have to know where everything is - a basic description would be like having the Control Panel in XP set to category view. Everything is hidden now - I much prefer the list

Thanks andy for switching it and back for me :)

BoxTrapper would be useful to keep... or at least a service like that.

Not that I receive tons of spam in my mail account but still.  :)

Thanks for all the hard work.

Mailblocks.com offers a challenge-response mail handling system if you'd care to check them out. Their rates are very reasonable - you can get a 5MB mailbox for free, a 15MB box for $9.95/yr or 100MB for $24.95/yr.

You can access with your regular POP or IMAP client if you wish, and have Mailblocks check and collect mail from any other POP accounts you may have.