Please add your name to the list

Junior

Please visit the Department of Defense web page below and sign in thanking the men and women of the U.S. military services for defending our freedom.

The compiled list of names will be sent out to our soldiers at the end of the month. So far, there are only about 1.2 million names. What a shame...... National Military Appreciation Month.

The entire exercise takes 10 seconds...literally.

Please pass it on to your email friends.

http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html

Thanks! :D

This is very cool, you can add me to the list of people who have added their signatures. My best friend is stationed in Kuwait right now, via the Army so I sent it to his Mother as well..

I got no problem with showing my appreciation for the good ol' USA and those who do what most people don't want to do, just to defend us.

• 3 weeks later...

YES TONY I'M WITH YOUR INITIATIVE!!!

I JUST SIGN IT (I'M NOT AN USA CITIZEN BUT I'M A CITIZEN OF THE WORLD! AND THEY FIGHT FOR US TOO...)

I'M SORRY FOR THE PEOPLE THAT DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THIS SAYING THAT'S IS A MATTER OF OIL... CAN BE BUT THERE IS LOT MORE THAN THAT... FRANCE AND GERMANY ARE SELLING WEAPONS AND PARTS OF WEAPONS, TANKS, AIRFIGHTERS, ETC. CHEMICALS TOO!!! AND NOW THEY SUPPORT THEM... BECAUSE THEY DEPEND ON THE ARAB OIL EVEN MORE THAN THE USA...

OF COURSE THEY ARE INTEREST OF ANY KIND... POLITICAL, ECONOMICAL, ETC. BUT WHAT IS THE INTEREST OF SOEONE LIKE SADDAM HUSSEIN TO KEEP IS PEOPLE SUBJUGATED, ABDUCTED TO HIS DICTATORIAL, EVIL MANIPULATIONS?

AND WHAT ARE THE INTEREST OF THOSE "NICE" PEOPLE THAT DO WHAT THEY INNOCENTLY THINK AS "POLITICALLY CORRECT"? WE ALL LOVE PEACE!!! BUT EVERY THING HAS A PRICE... AND ONLY A FEW ARE READY TO CONFRONT IT AND PAY FOR IT WITH THEIR OWN LIFE!!!

PLEASE LEARN A BIT FROM HISTORY OF HUMANITY... ONLY WHEN THE INTEREST OF A COUNTRY START TO BE IN DANGER (AS MAYBE IS THE CASE OF THE OIL) THEY ORGANIZE THIR FORCES AGAINST THE SOURCE OF EVIL... IF THERE ARE NO INTEREST THE EVIL CAN CONTINUE AND NO ONE WILL DO NOTHING... PLEASE, LEARN FROM HISTORY

sincerely,

George

Thanks, guys.

Our troops, as well as our loyal allies, need our support more than ever now!

Please keep them in your prayers, during this time of possible unrest.

Freedom is worth fighting for....let's not forget the men and women defending our freedom.

I signed I fell this is long over do. It pissis me off to see all these people saying they are in support of the troops but are out and protesting the war. And putting down there commander and chief. All the troops out there that I have seen on cnn have said they support the pres. and are ready to help the iraqi people. One more thing you really think they are helpping anything with there protest or helpping the reseim of suddam's morial be built up seeing USA in the way it is.

UNITED WE STAND!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I just happened across this thread this morning as I came to this forum to post something else!

As a member of the Air Force Reserves, I wanted to say thanks to everyone out there who supported the troops that got deployed to war in the recent months. I, thankfully, did not!

I also want to comment on some of the things that have been said here in this thread. A comment was made about all the soldiers supporting the President and such in this war...I can tell you right now that the first soldier to tell any news reporter or journalist that he/she doesn't support some conflict that is currently going on will be a very sorry soldier! Most know this, and would NEVER say anything against any military action no matter what he/she really thinks.

Not all soldiers did/do support this war. But they have a job...and just like any other job, sometimes it involves things you don't agree with.

This war has roots from long ago...probably longer than I know. The next ten years or so will show the true reasons our government and thus our country went to war. Saddam Hussein is a crazed, power hungry ogre as far as I'm concerned. And he needed to be removed from power. I just hope that our government's motives have much more to do with those two statements than anything else!

Thanks again to those supporting the troops. I know how much it would mean to me if I were over there doing my job!

Tracy