Sign in to follow this  
TCH-Dick

Any Gamers?

I know we gotta have a few gamers here, whats everyone play? I play:

Quake 3 (normal Q3 and the Urban Terror mod)

Unreal Tourney 2003

Counter Strike

BattleField 1942

I have a dedicated server that I can run just about any game on with a few clicks of a mouse, if anyone ever wants to play, or needs a server for their clan to practice on lemme know.

Half Life is the only thing to play!!! :(

EverQuest for the past four years, but we're nearing retirement of our three accounts. :dance:

I guess you could call me a hardcore gamer.

I have 85 PC Games as of now.

Mostly I like war/killing games. :dance:

P.S. DO NOT get that terminator 3 game, Ugh. Stupid as the movie was.

EverQuest for the past four years, but we're nearing retirement of our three accounts. :dance:

I retired all of my accounts already 3 years was long enough.

Half Life is the only thing to play!!! :D

Half Life was good as a stand alone game. I still play it sometimes. But multiplayer there are much better games.

Robert - I have The Sims and Livin Large. Unofrtunately all the sites out now have so many things I can't use (and don't label them well) that half my downloads end up crashing the game.

Are all the newer expansions worth getting? I don't care about Sims online at all, but someday I wouldn't mind playing again. What do you think?

The latest for me is Neverwinter Night - awesome game for the FRP type of genre. It wastes too much of my time though! (Guess that means it's good eh?)

I'm not much of an online player but here's a list of my all times favorites (fairly recent):

Battle Realms

Red Faction

NeverWinter Nights

WarCraft 3

Prince of Persia 3D

Freelancer

Commandos 1, 2 and 3

And the immortal X-COM series (only the first two, the rest of the series sucks!), of course. I have an old laptop with Windows 95 just to play those old little games, Like

UFO: Enemy Unknown (X-Xom: UFO Defense, for you US dudes)

X-COM: Terror From The Deep

FlashBack

The Lion King

Alladin

Pizza Tycoon

Dune

Dune 2

Dyna Blaster

Prince of Persia

And then there's the Spectrum/Z80 games I play with an emulator. They are... well, OK, I'll shut up now :)

PS - As you may have noticed, I don't rate my games for their graphics, I rate them for their playability, storyline, fun. Besides, I hate FPS's :lol:

Edited by TCH-Raul

And the immortal X-COM series (only the first two, the rest of the

Man, I spent a lot of time playing those. Immortal, indeed! And jumpy, too; it was amazing how a turn-based game could be so startling at times.

Bell,

I just have Sims, Livin Large, and House Party. I have yet to get any of the newer expansions, though I hear they're very nice and add a lot to the game.

I hate The Sims! How come your character takes 45 minutos to brush his teeth and sometimes more than an hour to eat breakfast? :dance:

And no weekends to rest... blargh! Yuck!

Still, it's the top selling game of all times, if I 'm not mistaken. Go figure :P

Edited by TCH-Raul

Well, currently I'm only playing Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo.

But the guys in my clan play some bf:1942 and FFXI. We're really looking forward to Soldner, World of Warcraft, and Battlefield: Vietnam.... and Warhammer Online.... and if they can get their beta act together, Joint Operations.

I currently play:

HL CounterStrike (after all these years...)

BF1942 DesertCombat

UT (the original)

UT2k4 Demo

I am haveing to upgrade my machine just to keep up! I am currently awaiting a new Vid card, MOBO, and Processor. I just built a new computer that would be good to use, but I sacrificed it for the betterment of Linux development.

BTW, I buy all of my computer stuff lately from NewEgg.com. A guy @ work told me about them and they really rock! I just picked up an AMD 2500+ Barton processor (Retail - with the heatsink and fan) for $80. Free shipping and no tax, how can you miss?

MJarus

Currently?

Not a ton. Waiting on SW Battlefront later this year

Last year?

Star Wars Galaxies (did about a 6 month stint)

KOTOR (Great Game)

HL (always around)

Deus Ex II (good follow up to my favorite game of all time)

Splinter Cell

Jedi Knight (whatever the latest one is)

I'm just waiting for Half Life 2 to come out.

link removed,

please read the forum guidelines

Edited by TCH-Don

I just have Sims, Livin Large, and House Party. I have yet to get any of the newer expansions, though I hear they're very nice and add a lot to the game.

TCH-Robert and bellringr,

I am a Sims junkie (when I have the time to play!!!). I have ALL the expansion packs and am thinking about pre-ordering the new Sims2 (due out sometime this spring). And yes, the extra expansion packs add A LOT to the game experience. If you're interested in getting the other expansion packs, you can get them for a song now that everyone else is gearing up and getting ready for The Sims2. In fact, I was at Fry's Electronics just after the New Year and saw The Sims Deluxe, for which I paid $40, now priced at $19.99. Other expansion packs, except for "Makin' Magic" were similarly reduced, often at prices near $9.99 to $14.99 per expansion pack.

Glad to see there are other "Simmers" here at TCH. I was beginning to think I was the only person that played a pc game that's not sci-fi, fantasy, military, or shoot-em-up! But I completely understand TCH-Raul's distaste for the extraordinarily long amount of time it can take to do something as simple as brushing your teeth!! (Like the fact that it takes one of my Sims 15 minutes to walk from the curb to the front door!)

:)

Count me in as a Sims junkie!

I stopped getting expansion packs after Hot Date, but I have had Sims 2 pre-ordered since December :). Can't wait! Have you checked out the screen shots at the Sims 2 site?

Lately I have been playing SimCity quite a bit.

Picked up Unreal Tournament 2004 the other day, awesome awesome game! but needs a decent computer to run it. Also been playing a little BattleField 1942 lately, debating on whether to get Battlefield Vietnam or not.

Have you checked out the screen shots at the Sims 2 site?

Are you kidding?!? I've been on the Sims2 newsletter/mailing list for many months now! I particularly like the scene in one of the little videos where the Sim character gets electrocuted in the spa. You can even see the skeleton!!!

Kasey - I'll have to take a look at places around here (Illinois) that sell SIMS. Best Buy is still expensive, especially since I have like 7 expansions to catch up on!!

I beta tested TSO & There but didnt stay around for either to go live. I played EQ & FFXI. The "game" I keep going back to, and have a lifetime membership at is SecondLife. There is no story, quests or themes. You make whatever you want. It has attracted many programmers & artists because of the building & scripting capabilities. No "needs" so many burnt out TSOers go there to socialize where you dont have to eat & pee. Like shoot em ups? Go to one of the outlands sims, build guns & blast away.

There's a free trial, just kill your account before the 7 days if you dont want to stay or you will be billed.