Don't Microwave $20 Bills...

youneverknow

I am having a hard time with this one (taking the skeptical view :dance: )

notice in the image from a distance with more bills showing... there is a burn mark in the hair of jackson, and no indication of the chip blowing in the eye.

Besides... US bills contain a foil strip down one side near the Secretary of the treasury's signature. That would be burning or sparking as well if placed in a microwave.

Being left-handed, my logical side just cannot get over the incredulousness of something like this until I see it myself... I wonder if my homeowner's ins will cover my cabinets catching fire from nuking a few twenties... Or if my wife will even let me have a few twenties LOL.

I looked for verification and could only find this story in 2 places.

I did see the Euro is talking about rfid's. I also would think an rfid would be detectable when held up to the light. Finally, my more adventureous coworker nuked a new $20 for 10 seconds and not even a pop. I'd suspect hoax but you never know.

Silly me! Jeez, what's next? Implanted tracking devices?

Here in Chicago they are considering passing a law that requires ID chips in all cats and dogs.... take it to the next step, and we'll all be walking around with 'em. :)

But as for the $20 bill... I'm pretty certain that's a hoax.

Yeah, there is a check box on the form at the vet now, in AZ, that you can opt to "have your pet chipped today"

Not a chance for my inside cat, maybe for an animal that goes outside, though.

B) Nothing about it on truthorfiction.com

probably either new hoax or hasn't been disproven yet.

:huh: