Major Announcement!

Head Guru

The time has finally come for the announcement every one has been waiting for. So without further delay, let’s go on with the show.

Meet the Gurus.

Effective tonight each TCH staff member and mod will have thier avatar replaced with a photo of themselves. We gave this much thought and discussed this in detail for several weeks. When it was all said and done, we decided that it was something we wanted to do. So now you can put a face with our names.

Corporate Acquisition.

TCH has acquired the assets of another hosting firm. At this point we can not release the name of the company. The complete details will be forthcoming over the next couple weeks. The purchase was simply to position TCH to better deal with the ever changing market. We DID NOT acquire the clients so there will NOT be a huge influx of customers, so no need to worry about loosing the level of support your so used to.

Reseller Accounts price points.

It was originally thought that we would increase the price of the reseller plans. After much thought we have choose NOT to increase the price of our reseller plans. Instead we have decided to add a couple of additional plans to our lineup of reseller plans. There were some gaps in the coverage from our largest reseller to our semi-dedicated plan.

So to recap over the next week or so we will NOT BE RAISING THE PRICING ON RESELLER PLANS, BUT WILL BE ADDING NEW PLANS TO THE LINEUP!

Dedicated Server Blow out!

Any current TCH customer wanting to move to their own server can do so at an additional 10% reduction in cost. We will also include the semi-managed plan at no extra charge. This sale is only thru the end of March or until stock runs out.

Equipment Upgrades.

The month of March is going to be very exciting. We are planning upgrades on many servers. If your on a single cpu box, get ready for a upgrade. We will be moving all clients off of single cpu servers onto Quad Xeon servers. Please watch the server announcements for complete details.

Moving Cages.

We will be moving down the hall so to speak towards the end of March. We have made arrangements in two of our partner datacenters to go 100% TCH equipment. This will mean we will no longer be dependent on other's hardware to run our operations. This is something that will be happening in the end of March and I will post complete details. From the routers to the switches to the cable it will all be our equipment. This is really good news, but will require some hard work to get there. Stay Tuned.

Virtual Account Sale.

Three days this month we will be running a sale for new hosting accounts. We will not announce the dates in advance and the promo is for new hosting accounts only. For three days this month all new accounts will be given a 50% increase in bandwidth at no extra charge. :D

2004 is turning out to be a amazing year for TCH.

I look forward to serving each and every clients needs.

Thanks for your continued support.

I just added a post and thought it would show up here. But I had two browser windows open, so I don't know which topic it actually got posted under...

If any of the moderators out there see a funny post by kaseytraeger that's out of place, will you please move it to this topic?

GQ Magazine, look out! Here comes our Head Guru :rolleyes: Woo hoo, what a fancy suit and tie!

I just added a post and thought it would show up here. But I had two browser windows open, so I don't know which topic it actually got posted under...

If any of the moderators out there see a funny post by kaseytraeger that's out of place, will you please move it to this topic?

I cannot find any odd post, you can relax :rolleyes:

Gee ... I thought for sure they'd all be like ages 14, 15, 16 ... :lol:

I wish I was that age ... if I could keep what I know with me that is. :)

I'm really looking foward to growing into some of those new plans that your talking about.

That's yet ANOTHER reason why I really like it here. You can start at $4/month and inch your way along until your on your own server. There's a really nice incremental develpment path. A place for everyone!

A place that grows with you ...

New company slogan????

So here we are! We hope the new avatars - and the fact that now we all know Bill is not a robot :P - make you all feel even more at home :lol:

Those are great news Bill posted and I'm sure 2004 will be a great year for TCH and it's customers!

If this was a live meeting, now would be the time I'd ask for a big round of applause for Bill and all TCH's staff for maintaining this outstanding hosting company! TCH set's the example for how every webhosting company should be!

Thanks, guys! And keep up the excellent work! :)

Have a great week everyone! :)

Edited by TCH-Raul

Well, this is how we do applause on my soaping groups:

()()()()()()()()()()()()())()()()()()()()()()()()()()

STANDING O's TO ALL THE TCH STAFF & MODS!!!

Thanks for all you do! Thumbs Up

Rock Sign

Thanks for deciding to show us your human faces here. We always knew we were talking to great people, and now we can picture you all as we listen to your help and advice. Guess I'll have to re-think my own avatar now.

Fabulous news, and thanks to Bill and all of the TCH crew, even those who are way too busy to hang out here, for every thing you do for this family. I can't believe how lucky it was that TCH came along just when we needed it.

How can anyone still wonder why Rock Sign ?

wow, i may go back to standard

and the fact that now we all know Bill is not a robot :dance:

Based on the different looks he has shown us, his total divergence from the normal (crappy) way businesses run and his lack of sleep, I can only come to one conclusion...

Bill is a shapeshifting alien!

Great to see everyone and put a face to a name! Ooohh, everyone is looking good! Thumbs Up

I'm loving all the new & exciting changes taking place. I have now more things at my disposal when I talk up TCH to people!

Keep up the great work!

later,

!!blue

I'm tickled already about the new stuff. It's like xmas here. Rock Sign Rock Sign

clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap,

Rock Sign :dance: :dance: :dance:

:hug: :(

You guys rock!

I just wished you had updated your index page with the 3 days sale! I just bought a new plan!

Off topic, How about a monthly competition where webmaster's who place a "I'm proud to be hosted by Total Choice Hosting" link on their site are chosen (pulled out of a hat) to recieve a month's free hosting?

keep up the good work

Phillip

That would be a tough one Phillip since we have the "Add Me To The Family" section where anyone can get a link from TCH (valuable to help your rating in search engines) just for putting a link back to us. ;)

Make sure you get your site listed there too. It's free, easy and really does help to have an incoming link. :rolleyes:

Effective tonight each TCH staff member and mod will have thier avatar replaced with a photo of themselves.

**And may I say...what a handsome staff we do have :P

ADDING NEW PLANS TO THE LINEUP!

** Hip Hip Hooray!!!! :)

Any current TCH customer wanting to move to their own server can do so at an additional 10% reduction in cost. We will also include the semi-managed plan at no extra charge.

**For someone who doesn't understand what this means...can you explain?

Why would a customer WANT their own server? At what point would this be a good decision? What is a semi-managed plan?

2004 is turning out to be a amazing year for TCH. Rock Sign

Any current TCH customer wanting to move to their own server can do so at an additional 10% reduction in cost.  We will also include the semi-managed plan at no extra charge.

**For someone who doesn't understand what this means...can you explain?

Why would a customer WANT their own server?  At what point would this be a good decision?

Dedicated servers are good for those who have either high volume sites, are resellers with a large clientele, or more often those who need more control of their sites than cPanel allows. You get root access if you have your own dedicated server, which you have full control of your server so you can setup the server anyway you want.

What is a semi-managed plan?

To quote Head Guru himself: "We will set up the server for you including cPanel and all the extras. We will maintain the kernel and apply any software patches that are needed. Also we will assist you in troubleshooting any software issues that may arrise. Also, we maintain and replace any defective hardware that may occur. Since you are leasing the server you incur no replacement hardware. Software installs and other non-covered are billed at $65 per hour."

That's compared to fully-managed which includes software installs at no cost, and unmanaged, which means you get the base server configuration and you manage it yourself. Any software support above that is done at a billable rate.

The unmanaged/semi-managed plans only apply to dedicated servers. As standard web hosting customers or resellers, you are always fully-managed.

Edited by TCH-MikeJ

LM,

TCH-Lianna is a woman, she has just been less frequent on the boards lately. I don't know of other TCH feamle folks, though??

There are quite a few ladies here on the boards. You shouldn't feel out of place... all are welcome here :D

• 2 weeks later...

I think having pictures of the team with each post is fabulous.

I feel it makes the team more friendly and TCH more human.

Nicely done.

I don't know of other TCH feamle folks, though??

How could you forget the Queen Guru? You're gonna get a beating for that one. :unsure:

I never see the QG online, so I don't tend to think about her much.

Sorry, oh great QG. Please do spare my pitiful life :(

• 3 weeks later...

TCH absolutely RAWKS.

I am SO happy I found you guys!

I've learned so much just by being on these boards and from the incredible and helpful staff.

And it is nice to see ya'lls mugshots! Heee Heee

Nat

• 4 weeks later...
I'm really looking foward to growing into some of those new plans that your talking about.

That's yet ANOTHER reason why I really like it here. You can start at $4/month and inch your way along until your on your own server. There's a really nice incremental develpment path. A place for everyone!

A place that grows with you ...

New company slogan????

That is exactly what I was thinking!

The sky is not the limit :blink:

Weezy

Hey - just out of interest, what is "high"

It has more to do with bandwidth than number of domains. 50 domains like the one for my church are not high but 1 like Yahoo would be super-duper-ultra-high. It just depends on how popular they are.

Hey - just out of interest, what is "high"

It has more to do with bandwidth than number of domains. 50 domains like the one for my church are not high but 1 like Yahoo would be super-duper-ultra-high. It just depends on how popular they are.

AHA :goof:

Most of the sites I work with use very little bandwith or storage. However, my main site sucks bandwith bit time because of our forum.

YIKES! :Nerd:

Weezy

• 1 month later...

Hmm. "Bill is NOT a robot," you say?

What? You've never heard of androids?

Everyone knows Bill is the Webhosting Terminator, a cyborg sent from the future to wipe out all other web-hosting companies by the subversive expedient of providing superior service at flexible and affordable prices, making it possible for impecunious folks with a lot to say to say it online.

Good grief: With examples like this, American corporate ethics could eventually become less of an oxymoron.

QUOTE (TCH-Glenn @ Mar 6 2004, 11:42 AM)

I don't know of other TCH feamle folks, though??

Not sure if she's "feamle" or not, but TCH-Lisa does appear to qualify as at least one of that word's anagrams. Naughty

Not only that, but she is "creatively devious"; a fine bit of guerrilla marketing, that phrase. Thumbs Up

(Granted: She may well have joined the staff after Glenn's post.)

Merda.

Michelle! I forgot Michelle.

[sound of hand clapping forehead.]

I seem to get more absent-minded every ... er ... every ....

What were we talking about again? :(