Win A Laptop!

Head Guru

New Contest!

This is a repeat on a contest we ran over a year ago.

Deadline for entry is March 29th, 2004 12:01AM EST.

Rules -

Contest is open to any forum member, including staff and mods! Persons under the age of 18 must have parents permission to enter. All entries become the final property of TotalChoice Hosting. Winner will pay for shipping of prize from Burton, MI USA. Only two entries per member (work & home photo).

Contest -

Here's the deal:

Any forum member can participate! Even Mods, Admins and TCH employees.

Take a picture of your work area (home or work).

The only criteria is that the TCH home page must be on your monitor and visible in the picture (y'know to prove it's really yours).

There will be no digital editing (photoshop tricks) allowed.

Please only post true, unedited photos of your work area.

Altered photos will not be judged and will be disqualified.

First ten entries will be entered into a number pool and one of the first ten will receive a $50 gift card to Amazon.

I will pick the Grand Prize Winner at random. I will look at everything from orginal setup to humourus things to people in photo. It will just be a random pick, the one I like the best. No real criterea will be set.

POST YOUR PHOTOS HERE!

Prize:

AMD Ultra-Portable Laptop computer.

New in Box.

AMD XP-M XP1600+ / 512MB / 30GB / CD-R/DVD-ROM Combo / 12.1" XGA / 802.11b Wireless LAN / Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition Notebook PC

Specifications:

Microsoft® Windows® XP Home

AMD® Athlon Mobile XP1600+ Processor

512MB PC2100 DDR Memory

30GBHard Drive

12.1" XGA TFT Active Matrix Display

DVD-ROM / CD-RW Combo Drive

32MB S3 ProSavage8™ Integrated Video Controller

AC '97 v2.1 Compliant PCI Audio

Built-in 802.11b Wireless LAN

Integrated V.90 56Kbps Modem

Integrated 10/100 Mbit LAN

USB 2.0 Interface

Additional Specifications:

Display Type

AGP Graphics Engine (4x)

Video Memory: 32MB

Maximum Resolution: 1024x768

Memory Expansion

1 SO-DIMM slots (0 open)

Maximum Memory: 512MB

PC Card Type

One Type II PCMCIA/CardBus Slot

Input Devices

Large Synaptics TouchPad with “Graphics Tablet Mode” (Additional Software Required)

Battery Info

6-cell Smart Li-Ion Battery 4000mAh

-battery uptime will vary on applications/settings used

Notebook Ports

Three High Speed USB 2.0 ports

15-pin VGA port (monitor)

Audio Out port

Microphone In port

RJ-11 port

RJ-45 port

Type II PC Card/CardBus Slot

Weight & Dimensions

Height: 1.2"

Width: 10.6"

Depth: 9.6"

Weight: 4.3 lbs

TITLE: The TotalChoiceHosting Linux Guru

Media: Digital

Taken with a Minolta DIMAGE S404

Time: Sometime on a Sunday night.

alan_desk_small.jpg

Full image at this link

This picture depicts me in a geeky enligthened state. Showing the my Zaurus PDA, the paper I am correcting tonight, the desktop, the laptop, the scanner, the kneeling chair, and the chess and science books. Oh, I forgot! the lefty Linux T-shirt.

Too bad I don't have the TotalChoice hosting website open in the pictures that Jason Scott of the BBS Documentary took of me like 6 months ago ^_^:

BBS Documentary entry for Nopal BBS

Alan Aspuru-Guzik

I code in the semi-dark. For you, I put on the red-lined cape my wife made me and I turned on a few lights...

ian_tch.jpg

Pardon the girly Hello Kitty and Valentines straw...the girlfriend stopped by and made some adjustments ^_^

733.jpg

Here's mine at home... Can't post at work, as they will not allow cameras onto the campus.

Please take pity on the E Machines case and dirt-old monitor... and the fact that I have to deal with my wife's Beanies all over the "office"

beanies BEANIES EVERYWHERE!!!

Thos things are three deep in areas!!!

post-165-1077522389_thumb.jpg

Edited by TCH-Glenn

Hahaha! I can't believe I'm gonna post this.

room_s.jpg

Full Size(For those nice little minute details :D )

Surrounding my work station are bits and pieces of everything I don't have enough time to complete (including cleaning the place up). Thank God for Coffee!

On top is "Rage Dog," whom takes all of my abuse when I forget to put a damn semi-colon at the end of that stupid line, which of course takes an hour to find. Ahh... What great stress relief.

And of course, for the real Nerds :Nerd: :

mousepad.jpg

I love my mousepad. Such beauty. Such power.

So yeah, that's it. My Dorm-Room/Office/Production-House/Storage Room ... anon. woooot

Robert

Mine's not too exciting, but anyway:

Workspace, with Linux, Mac, and Sony Clie all showing TotalChoice Hosting website:

workspace.jpg

And for kicks, my server rack at home that I'm replacing most of with TCH (and yes...that's the TotalChoice Hosting website using elinks on that monitor):

servers.jpg

Hello Everyone at tch!

I am new here! - got my two accounts on tch and got 3 domains too! These guys are great.. especially on the live help which i use lots:)

My first posting here will be this competition :dance:

:D

This is my picture! - (does anyone beat me on the number of monitors :?)

post-165-1077531570_thumb.jpg

Oh! A laptop that actually works! That'd be so darn cool.

My dog looks a little sheepish, doesn't she? My workspace is a bit different from everyone elses... I like everything neat and in order. Not like it always is, but I LIKE it that way. :D Also in the back is my poor old 266 laptop that... functions. Hehehehe.

post-165-1077607872_thumb.jpg

:dance: I can't believe I am even going to post this after looking at everyone's clean stations!

This is my home office, classroom, and kids homework area! Help!

Messy, unorganized, and desperately in need of another computer! woooot

computersmall.jpg

I don't want to sound rude but I just don't get it: what's with the 1600x1200 (some even bigger) pics?

I'm on cable and the first page of this thread took three and a half eternities to load! :dance:

Com'on guys, you know you don't need to post images that big, you could resize them to a more friendly resolution, say 640x480 or even 800x600.

People can see the picture just as well - perhaps even better, because, for example, on my 1024x768 monitor, viewing a 2048x1536px image is *not* nice... Mad!!!

Edited by TCH-Raul

I don't want to sound rude but I just don't get it: what's with the 1600x1200 (some even bigger) pics?

I'm on cable and the first page of this thread took three and a half eternities to load! :(

Com'on guys, you know you don't need to post images that big, you could resize them to a more friendly resolution, say 640x480 or even 800x600.

People can see the picture just as well - perhaps even better, because, for example, on my 1024x768 monitor, viewing a 2048x1536px image is *not* nice... Mad!!!

:goof: Your browser doesnt resize the page for you?

Not having any issues here!

Here's my home workspace. Ever since going wireless, I just can't stand working in the home office anymore. If I remember to bring the camera to work this week, I'll post a pic of the disaster that is my desk.

Edit: Per discussions about bandwidth, I decided to upload and post my photo via attachment.

post-165-1077598502_thumb.jpg

Edited by schussat

This explains everything - you people are an odd lot because most of you are clean freaks! I knew there was something "wrong" with you guys! :goof:

It's fun looking at the pics guys!

It's fun looking at the pics guys!

I second that! And add girls!

It's nice to see the humble little pooter setups where our family members sit and post here in the forums. :goof:

Well so much for clean freaks...I've gotten over my embarassment. (I'm lvegas S.O.)

I can usually find what I am looking for on here, but when I can't I pull out the shredder and the trash can and go to town. The neatness lasts on average 2 days. Wow, I just found a dollar buried in this junk!! :goof:

post-165-1077582816_thumb.jpg

I'm on cable and the first page of this thread took three and a half eternities to load! :(

:) Your browser doesnt resize the page for you?

Not having any issues here!

Bill, my browser does resize the images for me - if I set that option ;)

Lots of other people don't activate that option either and some browsers don't even have such an option at all.

Besides, even having the resize option activated, the browser still has to download the whole file to be able to display the resized image, so those huge images will still take 3 and a half eternities to load (sometimes more, depending on how loaded the server is :P) and will still eat up unnecessary bandwidth.

I find it annoying but if it's not an issue to anyone, then by all means, keep posting the images as you like :)

Here's what an animator's desktop looks like. Sorry for the blurry pic, if I manage to take a better one, I'll replace it. Strong Bad's on top of the monitor, while Nameless (character from my website) is below it.

No offense, but that desk is a disaster! :)

Thanks for playing.

hey, what gives. How do I edit my post? I hadn't thought about the bandwidth issues with putting my image on my account until it was mentioned, but I can't edit the post to change it.

You should be able to edit your posts, there isnt an edit buttin in the upper right?

Here I am in my "work" uniform...sock puppets are in the drawer beside me. :P

TCHcontest.jpg

hey, what gives.  How do I edit my post?  I hadn't thought about the bandwidth issues with putting my image on my account until it was mentioned, but I can't edit the post to change it.

You should be able to edit your posts, there isnt an edit buttin in the upper right?

there is now, but I swear it wasn't there earlier :P

Here's what an animator's desktop looks like. Sorry for the blurry pic, if I manage to take a better one, I'll replace it. Strong Bad's on top of the monitor, while Nameless (character from my website) is below it.

No offense, but that desk is a disaster! :)

Thanks for playing.

It stands out among all these nice neat desktops doesn't it? Doesn't matter how often we clean it, more new stuff piles up. If I take a picture in another week, you'll see new stuff on the desk. I'll try to get a better picture that's more clear and replace that blurry one, so you can actually see all our junk. B)

You have me beat in the disaster area category.

I knew I shouldn't have cleaned mine up last week. :)

Here's mine! A little bit country from Nova Scotia, Canada!

post-165-1077635319_thumb.jpg