Looking For A Graphic

TCH-Thomas

Hi folks,

I think I better start looking for things since I am one of those who asked if we could have this forum. :dance:

I am looking for a pic of a woman who is running around doing many things at same time including sitting at the computer (chating, emailing, surfing, whatever). Pretty much like the attached one except it needs to be with a computer involved.

Sorry for 1) placing it in here, might have been better in "graphics" (moderators may move it if they like), 2) repeating things in explanation. :dance:

Multitasking.gif

Edited by Jikrantz

Thanks Bruce, thats a great one. But I´m still open for suggestions. :)

Clarification from me about my "looking for".

if you are looking for an existing graphic the request should be here, if you are looking to have one made it should go in graphics

1) I did not know if this kind of graphic existed and i have looked for weeks with different kind of search words through google. Result: 0 or it wasnt as this close as the one Bruce found.

2) With all graphics in the world, there must be someone who had this kind of graphic I assumed (which it was). But yes, if there hadnt been a graphic like this and it had to be made, yep, i then agree it should have gone to graphics discussion.

Just one question about this. Where is the line drawn. I mean, if i look for a graphic and thinking, it must exist and i then place the question here and the graphic does not exist and someone (without my requesting) makes this graphic from the beginning. Then for me its "looking for" but becoming a "graphics discussion".

Sorry Mike, but i have to ask.

Just one question about this. Where is the line drawn. I mean, if i look for a graphic and thinking, it must exist and i then place the question here and the graphic does not exist and someone (without my requesting) makes this graphic from the beginning. Then for me its "looking for" but becoming a "graphics discussion".

Sorry Mike, but i have to ask.

Thomas,

As you said, you were looking for a graphic. From that I believe it should go into this forum and not the graphics forum. Same goes with anything else someone is looking for that may already exist.

If you want someone to create a graphic for you then it should be posted in the graphics forum I would think.

And in case you are interested I found that image with Google. I chose to search images and entered women computer for my criteria. :)

Edited by TCH-Bruce

And in case you are interested I found that image with Google. I chose to search images and entered women computer for my criteria.

I´m always interested in what the familymembers have to say. :)

When i did my search I must have thought that graphic was copyrighted (dont know if i saw it or if its new, there was 5050 results when i searched now).

I dont wanna violate any terms and things so when i did my request i thought if/when someone answer it, the brother or sister would refer me to the graphics site where i could download it.

Best thing to do when you find a graphic you like is to contact the site you see it on and ask if you can use it. I've done so in the past. Most people will say yes as long as you don't link to it from their site or give them some credit as to where you got it from.

Thanks Alan. I tried that one No luck. :)

Here are those I tried

gifanimations.com

Andy's Animated Gif Archive

animation-central.com

animationlibrary.com

Feebleminds

allstuff.dk

free-clipart.net

snowdreamanimations

And through google as mentioned before.

I know its mostly animation related sites, but i dont know that many who have clipart.

Edited by Jikrantz

Images are copyrighted like anything else by the originator. However, once they've been uploaded to the internet, regardless of how we try to protect them, it's free game unless they're being reproduced for commercial gain.

This issue came up for me recently when I found out that some punk was passing off images from my site as his. . .I've got no problem with people copying things off of my site for enjoyment, but if they try to pass it off as their own it's a different situation.

cloudrm,

I do not think that once you create something it is then copyrighted, I think you actually have to register it as a copyright, through the national copyright office, for it to truely be copyrighted in a "legal" way.

There is one way to slow them down though, try watermarking your images, I think that Photo Shop, aswell as PaintShop Pro both have a Watermark feature on them.

As for graphics being stolen, I do not care much for graphics, if I find something I like, I eMail the one who created it, and ask for his/her permission to use his/her image(s). Even then, I always put the copyright under the image, aswell as a link back to their site.

I do not think that once you create something it is then copyrighted, I think you actually have to register it as a copyright, through the national copyright office, for it to truely be copyrighted in a "legal" way.

This was true in the past, but today almost all major nations follow the Berne copyright convention. For example, in the USA, almost everything created privately and originally after April 1, 1989 is copyrighted and protected whether it has a notice or not. The default you should assume for other people's works is that they are copyrighted and may not be copied unless you know otherwise.

I own the copyright on everything I create unless I waive copyright within a "work for hire" contract, license the usage for a specified term or sell publishing rights outright. Registering with U.S. Copyright Office or Library of Congress etc is an option to use at my discretion.