A Must Read! :p

Alan

Hey everyone,

I am going to be adding some family member's links to my website, if anyone is interested in having their links placed on my personal website, please post the link here!

Also please no sites containing:

1 - [ Bad Language,

2 - [ Adult Content,

3 - [ Illegal Content such as but not limited to: warez, cracks, hacks, piracy, trojans, or viruses.

4 - [ Site's supporting or pertaining to hate, crime, violence.

5 - [ Site's which support, or do spam.

6 - [ Site's with links to other website's that do any of the above.

7 - [ Anyother link's that I decide not to allow on the site.

I would like to get the links before I upload the new updated website.

Have fun, and thanks!

Hey < Jikrantz >,

You can link back to me if you wish, but you don't have to, I am just adding the links, to be able to take up space on my site. :lol:

O, and I will be updating as soon as I get atleast 5 Links. Then I will update every chance I get after that. So if your link isnt added yet, I will update AsAp

Well, I like to link to people or things I like and I too have a lots of space to fill up.

Do you have a banner/button you want placed on my site as link or prefer a text link?

Excuse me for asking the following but a while ago when I read the posts from tinywizard I got the feeling that was a girl. Now Im talking to a guy having same website. Is it your sis doing tinywizard and wanting to be a EMT (that Ive learned its called). Im confused. :lol:

Above doesnt matter for the linking (I link to marsians if so :lol: ), just curious.

Have a nice day.

Edited by Jikrantz

TinyWizard is my sister, she does some of the work on the website while I watch her lol. Yes I am going to collage for EMT-Paramedic and she wants to do the same thing, so I got her into a junior program. I am TinyWizard, but she decided to make the name for the forums. I rather go under Alan.

A Text Link is fine with me. Graphics arn't up yet.

I have one banner made, but I need to edit it.

Yes,

It's raining here, and supposed to be 22* F, I am working on my site right now, I will upload it once finished.

Both links have been added.

I am waiting on a call from the hospital, my grampa is on life support, and they have began to take him off of his BP and other Drips, and they have taken the feeding tube out, so I have got to stay off the internet for awhile, the doctor's say he will die, but my mom hasnt gotten that into her head yet. So I need to be where I can go and pick her up when she gets the call that they want us back at the hospital.

C-ya all in a few.

Alan, sorry to hear about your grandfather. I lost my grandfather (my mother's dad) 10 years ago and I still miss him today. It's really hard to lose someone who's close to you :(

Now about the topic... I don't have any links section on my site, so I can't offer a link back to your site but feel free to link to my site if you think it has anything interesting in it.

I do have a suggestion for you, though: I would remove the "[...]my site has been scanned using Norton Internet Security 2004, and yes it is up-to-date, with no viruses found[...]" stuff. You see, web pages don't have virus... :D

Some of you might say that McAfee/Norton/whatever once warned you about a website that had a virus/worm/whatever but the truth is: it's not a virus! Some websites may have been programmed in a way that will make your browser crash (as far as I know, such programming will only be effective if the site visitors use IE), or tries to automatically start a download of an executable file (which, in turn, can carry a virus) but this is *not* a virus.

A virus is a program that will gain "undesired" access to a system, be it by exploiting a security failure on it - like the ones in Outlook Express, exploited by worms such as the recently released "MyDoom" - or by tricking the user into running the program. After gaining access to the system, the virus will do whatever it was programmed to do - delete files from your hard drive, send itself to everyone on your Outlook Express contact list, etc.

Plus - and this is where the big difference lies - a virus will have some way of trying to infect other computers or media. The "original" viruses, the ones back in the good old DOS days, would usually try to infect any unlocked floppy disk you'd read on the infected computer, which, in turn, would infect the next computer where it would be read on. Most of the recent virus usually propagate themselves by means of e-mail messages sent by Outlook Express - this difference in the propagation method is the reason why they're called "worms" and not "viruses".

So, in short: HTML, CSS and JavaScript - the programming languages that you use to create a website - are not suitable to create a computer virus, so you don't need to worry about virus in your website.

I wrote an article some time ago about why people should use BCC when sending e-mails to multiple recipients. It's related to this virus issue because some virus forward themselves not only to the addresses they find in your Outlook Express contact list but also to addresses they find in messages you have in your mail folders.

Here's the link to the article:

http://borfast.com/bcc.php

I also have another interesting text, if you're interested:

http://borfast.com/msie.php

It's about Internet Explorer. Anyone who enters my website using IE will be redirected to that page.

When I entered your site, I found it funny because you say "[...]if my website looks messed up, or out-of-line to you, I am sorry, I do not test the site in any other browser than Internet Explorer." and on the text I'm talking about, I say the exact opposite: if you do use IE, I don't know how my site will look and I don't know if it will work at all :D

Well, I guess I'm taking too long already. I just wanted to make the suggestion about the virus thing. :)

Edited by TCH-Raul

TinyWizard is my sister, she does some of the work on the website while I watch her lol.

Now it makes sense to me. I saw Alan's user name and the url of tinywizard. I was sure I had seen a user name of tinywizard as well and was beginning to think I was needing stronger meds again.

Beautiful photos, Tracy (Hope I got that spelled right without peeking on site again :dance: ).

I´ll add your link too.

Thanks, Thomas!!! I found some problems with my site today...so hope your browsing experience wasn't ruined by strange layout issues.

Alan...I've been there and done that...and it's so hard!!! There are no words, but my thoughts are with you and your family.

Yep, I told my mom he would die, as I have have watched many people die from things that where not even half as bad as what he went through, but she wouldnt listen to me, Pronounced Dead - 09:15 AM

I will be off the forums as of Sunday and Monday, due to a loss in family, Hope everyone has a wonderful time!

And it isnt very bad for me, but my family are taking it hard, I have grown to the point seeing someone die doesn't effect me in the way it does most people.

Thanks to all, and all links have been added, now I just need to upload the site once I finish cleaning the HTML up.

-Alan

Yes Raul, I am looking into a new browser. And the Virus scanning thing was added when I went to add downloads, but decided not to, because of the masive bandwidth theft on my old site, and I just didnt think to take it off.

Alan, there's a tiny problem with the links you added: they're opening on the top frame.

I suppose you know how to fix that but since I'm feeling helpful today, I'll leave a short explanation anyway :P

It's really easy to fix, just edit the top frame file and for each link, instead of having just

<a href="http://domain.com"'>http://domain.com">web'>http://domain.com">web site</a>

you should write this

<a href="http://domain.com" target="_parent">web site</a>

if you want the link to replace your site on the browser window, or this

<a href="http://domain.com" target="_blank">web site</a>

if you want it to open in a new window.

And voilá! OK, I'll go back to work, now :(

Yep, I fixed them earlier tonight.......ooops, forgot each time I update the links in my text document, I have to add the _Blank over again! LOL!

I am fixing to unleash a massive number of updates, the entire site is changing once more! lol

Alan,

My deepest sympathies to you and your family on your loss. I'm sure you have many wonderful memories of your grandfather you can be thankful for... they will always be a comfort to you.

Thank you for the link... and thanks also to Thomas. I don't have a links page on my site, but if I add one, I'll be sure to link back to both of you.

Randy (Virtual Imager)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

After a month almost of designing, the new website is going online!

All links have been added once more, I have added them to the Links Page for now, and soon I will add them to other places on the site! :)

Thanks,

-Alan!

I was just about to say the same thing as Thomas. It is linking to your webmail.

By the way, I just read this thread for the first time. My belated condolences to you and your family. May peace be with you all.

-GG

Well of Souls is a small game that I play, it is a RPG in which a friend has made, and I have been taking part in for the past 5 years.

It is a great way to pass the time, and to get stress of my back, it is also a great place to meet people, it is a way to chat with awesome people from across the world, and to be enjoying your time aswell.

The goal of the game, is to get to level 100, he has not completed the game yet, but if you would like to know more about it, you can visit, "http://www.synthetic-reality.com"

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to have my site added to your links, if you're still accepting them. www.kaseyscreations.com

I've only got an index page right now because I've been busy developing another web site, but at least there's a bit of content on it!

• 3 months later...

I always accept links. :)

Site has been down about a month, just got around to almost being rdy to upload the new site.

More organized and better planned :lol: lol.

All links are added and will be uploaded soon. :)

Alan,

I just visited your site, and your links page still seems to be down. I gather you're working on another update.

Assuming your offer still stands, however, please do add my site: http://www.squort.com.

In turn, if you wish, I will add tinywizard.com to my own Nonpolitical Sites page.