Sign in to follow this  
nrvstorm

Please Add My Site Too!

Dear Scott:

Please add this, my first (Frontpage) site. Vesprini Family Home Page Vesprini Family Home Page

Description: The Home Page of the Tara and Norman Vesprini Family.

I've added a link to TCH at the bottom of the index page. I also recommended TCH to a friend and he signed up yesterday! I think TCH is great.

Any comments/suggestions would be helpful and most appreciated. Hope I did this correctly...it's my first post ever anywhere!

Sincerely Yours,

Norman Vesprini

Norman:

Good first post... may you have many more <_<

I am away at meetings until Thursday... will get to you then.

Sorry for the delay and welcome to the family!

Norman:

We have added you to our Extended Family - Personal Sites page :P

SEO thoughts (i.e. ranking well with the search engines):

You are not in the Google index (yet). The best way to be included within the index is to have your site spidered by Google from an existing indexed page. Now that we have added you to our family page, you will get spidered.

1. You need to add meta description and keyword tags.

IMPORTANT: Get that meta description tag before you get spidered (i.e. do it now).

Read Search Engine Optimization - Web Page Specifics for more information.

2. I agree with your previous post that your ideal keyword phrase should be 'Vesprini'... you aren't by chance Italian? ;)

Therefore:

- Change the alt tags on 'News' and 'Photo Albums' to 'Vesprini News' and 'Vesprini Photos'

- Change the alt tag on your 'Norman and Tara....' to Norman and Tara Vesprini'

- Change text: Here you'll find news, photo albums, and other fun stuff about the Vesprini's

3. I would like to see a little bit more text on your home page with 'vesprini' in the text. One or two short paragraphs maybe?

4. Get rid of the counter at the bottom (non-SEO comment; visual opinion)

5. Change your title tags on all your internal pages (e.g. <title>Vesprini Photo Albums</title>

6. Add Meta Description tags to all internal pages.

This will help.

Congrats on the soon to be small life form.... your lives are about to change ;)

[ I have $10.00 that he or she will have blue eyes! ]

Scott:

Thanks, and Yikes! I've got some homework to do. All great suggestions. I know what I'll be doing this weekend...

What happens if my website gets spidered before I make all the changes???? Am I banished to the "IshouldhavelearnedmoreabouthisstuffbeforeIpublishedbywebsite" section of the www? I hope not!

Learning (extremely) quickly,

~Norman

What happens if my website gets spidered before I make all the changes????

Well your site will be spidered soon and it will use that Meta description (if it is there). The others can wait but having the description there for him would be nice :lol:

Scott: I made (I think) all or most of the changes you suggested (Vesprini Family Home Page), including changing titles and adding keyword and description meta tags. i'm hoping it helps. Thanks again for your help (and honesty!):

Get rid of the counter at the bottom (non-SEO comment; visual opinion)

Indeed it looks better (and less cheesy) without the counter!

~Norman Rock Sign