Problem Installing Oscommerce

murasaki

Recently I manually uploaded the osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 into my site according to all the instruction provided on wiki.oscommerce.com.

I know I can install the older version of osCommerce from Cpanel but I'm the guy that likes to run the latest software (I hate bugs or knowing I can't use a specific feature because the version is older.)

However, I am having no luck finishing up the installation. After creating the MySQL database and user in Cpanel's Manage mysql , I can't complete the installation. It keeps returning something like this:

Database Import

A test connection made to the database was NOT successful.

The error message returned is:

Access denied for user: 'TCHaccountname_myusername@server43.totalchoicehosting.com' (Using password: YES)

The Wiki Community help file indicate that this is due to error in user name/passwor etc, but I have tried all the combination possible based on what is in the Cpanel (MySQL Account Maintenance). i.e. myusername, TCHaccountname_mysusername, mydatabasename, TCHaccountname_mydatabasename and mixing them etc.

Did I miss something?

Thanks for any inputs

murasaki = purple

Yes, after creating the database, user and password, I add the user to the database.

So it appear in the page as:

Databases:

TCHaccountname_databasename [Delete]

Users in TCHaccountname_databasename

TCHaccountname_username [Delete]

Connection Strings

Blah blah blah

I have also add my domain address in the Access Host field:

Access Hosts:

localhost

www.mysite.com [Delete]

--------

When I ping my site for the IP address and use that in the Database Server field, the result page is a bit different:

New Installation

Database Import

A test connection made to the database was NOT successful.

The error message returned is:

Lost connection to MySQL server during query

--------

murasaki

• 2 weeks later...