Www.domain.com And Domain.com Linking

i thought when we set up a new account, cpanel/whm automatically sets up the "www" subdomain to link to the index page.

is there some step i forgot to do?

i also just registered it yesterday and it just propogated like within the past 30 mins or so.

i can go to http://**** but ***** does not come up.

thanks!

chuck

Both domains worked for me, with and without the www.

As said before, domain names can take 72 hours to fully propogate. I wouldn't worry about it very much if you get intermittent results trying to access your website, it probably just means your ISP is still figuring things out.

another similar questoion though. I have a subdomain that can be accessed via sub.domain.com but how do I make it such that it can be accessed via www.sub.domain.com. Currently if I try accessing it with the www in front I get a cpanel page There is no website configured at this address.

Arvind, you can't. cPanel does not support that level of subdomain. See, www really is just a subdomain that usually redirects to the root second level domain (ie: www.secondlevel.com > secondlevel.com).

You could set any subdomain to do the same thing through redirect, but normally, subdomains redirect to a subfolder withing the domain's home site structure (ie: sub.domain.com > /domain/sub). You could also have sub.sub.domain.com (which would be the case with www.sub.domain.com), but cPanel doesn't support it.

Mud?

Arvind, when did you create the subdomain? CPanel does not add entries to allow sub.domain.com and www.sub.domain.com to work. This has been added in a recent release so if the subdomain was created a few months ago only sub.domain.com will work. You should try removing the subdomain and recreating it and it should work with or without the www in front.