Where Nobody Knows My Name?

schussat

Hi everybody-

The forum somehow seems to have forgotten who I am. I reregistered, and my old posts are still around, but like this one, they don't seem to know who I am anymore. Thanks to Mike for doublechecking the database earlier when I couldn't log in and verifying that, true enough, schussat was no more.

Anyway, I'm back from wherever I've been, re-registered with the same old user name, and I wonder if this has happened to anybody else?

And, in the spirit of making for more discussion than that limited to my little pity party, I see that Bubba Ho-Tep, a new film starring Bruce Campbell as an aging, mummy-fighting Elvis Presley, has finally made it to Tucson. I can hardly wait to go see it, but my wife fell asleep during Army of Darkness (Brazil, too), and just doesn't get Bruce Campbell. So how do I convince her to go see it with me?

-Alan

Alan,

I thought it was weird, I saw it late Saturday I think. Anyways, Bruce has a movie out? I need to look for it. I always tell my wife if she goes with me to this one and can stay awake I will go with her to the next one. In 5 years we have only seen my movies.

Lord of the Rings, Braveheart, gladiator type movies. She does like the occasional "chick flick" but i've never been forced to endure one.

You know, the chick flicks aren't always too bad -- but it is nice to share some common interests. She has yet to crack in some regards, however; I have to wait for her to go out of town to rent anything scary. And the last time I tried to take her to a romantic movie at a theater, we had a huge monsoon rain, were stranded at home as our street turned into riverfront property, and when we finally got to the theater, it had been struck by lightning and closed for the night. That's what happens when I try to be romantic ... sigh.

-Alan