Norton Internet Security 2004 Problems?

I am on Windows XP. I Have been using Zone Alarms Free firewall, but as recent events take place, I am now using Norton Firewall/Spam Guard/POP-up|Ad Blocker/ and the Virus Scanner, but I seem to be having problems Downloading stuff, I begin the download, and when it gets to like 15% the download goes to complete, but the file hasnt been downloaded all the way yet, And hints as to what it is?

Alan, if you believe the problem started with Norton then verify this and correct from there. Windows XP comes with a "System Restore" option that when turned on will "save" a snapshot of your computer and allow you to return to these restore points very easily.

You can select a date and restore the computer to just before you switched to Nortons and then try a download and see if the problem is corrected. If it is then you can continue on and place the Nortons program in the pile of do not use software. (sorry, not a Nortons fan, been burned too many times)

If the problem is not corrected then you can go back and restore back to the current time and troubleshoot some more and find whatever else may be causing your problem.

Yes, $60 gone down the drain :S, I am gonna stick with Zone Alarm Free untill I find a better pay one, or get the Nortons resolved, thanks anyways though, I reformatted, and now the download problem is fixed, so I got Zone Alarm on my PC

Have a Awesome time!

Wow, reformated the hard drive already! Usually that is a LAST resort option and other ways to correct these problems are used first. But to each their own. :)

Sorry you wasted your money but it's not a complete loss. If you do not have another Virus Program I would suggest you at least load that part of Nortons back.

Virus protection is a MUST HAVE and Norton is a good choice.

As for a better firewall I would suggest getting Zone Alarm Pro ;)

Hey,

Yes I got ZoneAlarm Pro Today,

And I have the Firewall on the PC, as for the firewall, I am putting it on my notebook where all I do is download songs, and talk to friends.

Thanks alot for the help!