Forum Signature

!!blue

Here's the code for my TCH forum signature and I don't think the image is showing up correctly. The image is on the free webspace that comes with having a yahoo e-mail. I had the image on my website here but was getting too many hits which was skewing the webstats a bit.

><div style='background-image: url(http://www.geocities.com/amor_veneno/myError.gif); font: normal bold small "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif; color:#ffffff; line-height:1; letter-spacing:2px; text-align:left; padding: 10px; border: 1px dotted #3399FF; width:320px; height: 240px; margin-top:2px'>
% !!blue % 
<span style='letter-spacing:1px; font: normal bold small "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif;'>· <a href="http://www.zoblue.com/" title="web design portfolio" target="_blank">portfolio</a>  · <a href="http://www.zoblue.com/mt/" title="thoughts, new ideas, and general rants & raves" target="_blank">weblog</a> ·</span>
</div>

or is my browser not showing it correctly? :)

thanks,

!!blue

errr... there should be an image as part of the background of that box

what am i doing wrong?

[edit]so i guess I can't do it, huh? kinda funny! oh well, back to the drawing board[edit]

Edited by !!blue

when i did that, the awstats showed hits from TCH forums because it keeps pulling the image from my website. so i moved it to the geocities webspace so the stats wouldn't be skewed.

won't be using the image anymore, just straight text :D

Just add the url of you sig image to AWSTATS conf

>Use SkipFiles to ignore access to URLs that match one of following entries.
# You can, with this option, add a list of not important frame pages (like 
# menus, etc...) to exclude them from statistics.
# For example, to ignore a whole directory tree, just add "directorytoignore",
# to ignore "users" pages in your stats, you can add "/~".
# The oposite parameter of "SkipFiles" is "OnlyFiles".
# Note: This parameter is not case sensitive.
# Note: Use space between each value and do not remove default values.
# Note: xxx$ means URL ending with xxx.
# Example: "robots.txt$ favicon.ico$ badpage.html /~"
# Default: "robots.txt$ favicon.ico$"
#
SkipFiles="robots.txt$ favicon.ico$"

where's this AWSTATS conf file i can add these lines of code to?

!!blue

[edit]

ok, found the file; do i need to add the entire URL of where the image is or just the name of the image? I'm thinking just the name cuz it is in the root folder (public_html).

thanks again,

!!blue

[/edit]

Edited by !!blue

do i need to add the entire URL of where the image is or just the name of the image? I'm thinking just the name cuz it is in the root folder (public_html).

Yes, just the file name. It should not matter if the file is in public_html or another directory.

Ok, I've added the name of the gif image to the AWStats config file. But the image is still now showing up in my forum signature. Do I have to wait awhile for the new config file to take affect?

Also, do I have to add anything in the hotlinking protection feature to allow access to this one gif?

thanks a mil,

!!blue

[edit]

turns out I did have to add the forums address to the "allow" section in the HotLink Protection list. I shoulda figured that one out! :dance:

Thanks again,

!!blue

[/edit]

Edited by !!blue