Help With Phpmychat

parrotletmommy

Hi all,

I'm very new to php and am wanting to use the phpMyChat. I have installed and configured everything. But the one problem I'm having I can't seem to figure out how to change the name of the rooms in my Chat. I have the basic Default, My Room 1 and My Room 2. I would like to rename all of these rooms. Could you give me step by step instructions as to how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Robin :P

Open ..../chat/config/config.lib.php3

Go down about 30 lines and you'll see :

// ------ THESE SETTINGS ALLOW TO FINE TUNE phpMyChat ------

// Proposed (default) rooms and reserved names for private rooms

$DefaultChatRooms = array('Default', 'MyRoom1', 'MyRoom2');

$DefaultPrivateRooms = array('Priv1', 'Priv2');

Change them to whatever you like (no spaces) and save.

• 3 months later...

I tried the above instructions for customizing phpMyChat. I get the following errors on the login page:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/config/config.lib.php3:82) in /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/localization/languages.lib.php3 on line 70

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/config/config.lib.php3:82) in /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/lib/index.lib.php3 on line 76

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/config/config.lib.php3:82) in /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/lib/index.lib.php3 on line 77

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/config/config.lib.php3:82) in /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/lib/index.lib.php3 on line 78

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/config/config.lib.php3:82) in /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/lib/index.lib.php3 on line 79

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/config/config.lib.php3:82) in /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/lib/index.lib.php3 on line 80

After those errors, I get the login box. If I try to login, all I get are these errors:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/config/config.lib.php3:82) in /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/localization/languages.lib.php3 on line 70

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/config/config.lib.php3:82) in /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/lib/index.lib.php3 on line 76

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/config/config.lib.php3:82) in /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/lib/index.lib.php3 on line 77

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/config/config.lib.php3:82) in /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/lib/index.lib.php3 on line 78

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/config/config.lib.php3:82) in /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/lib/index.lib.php3 on line 79

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/config/config.lib.php3:82) in /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/lib/index.lib.php3 on line 80

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/config/config.lib.php3:82) in /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/lib/index.lib.php3 on line 281

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/config/config.lib.php3:82) in /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/lib/index.lib.php3 on line 457

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/config/config.lib.php3:82) in /home/legacyo/public_html/chat/chat/lib/index.lib.php3 on line 458

Now, the thing does work if I leave "Default", "MyRoom1", and "MyRoom2" alone.

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
Is there away to change it so when everyone leaves a convo the convo gets erased so others cant come in l8tr and see what u wer talking about

The closest thing to that I've found is modifying cleaning settings. Go to chat/config/config.lib and change the numbers in this area:

// Cleaning settings for messages and usernames

define("C_MSG_DEL", '24'); <--messages are erased after 24 hours

define("C_USR_DEL", '4'); <--usernames are erased after 4 hours

define("C_REG_DEL", '0'); <---usernames are deleted after (disabled)

This is where I'm stumped though: Does anyone know how to edit the login page so that I can use a background & change the colors?