Photo Gallery Scripts

TCH-Sales

What photo gallery script would you suggest to use?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What photo gallery script would you suggest to use?

• Gallery
    • Coppermine
    • Other

What photo gallery script would you suggest to use? I've played with many myself and I think I lean more to Gallery myself, although Coppermine does have some good looking templates. Let us know what you think, and if there's another one you like even more please.. let us know! Thumbs Up

4Images (link) is a pretty damn powerful photo gallery script, powered by PHP and a MySQL backend. I like it for the ability to have categories and multiple subcategories, and is rather customizable as well.

Photostack is a much simpler solution (link), and you don't need a mysql database to run it - by modifying a albums.txt file, it will detect the folders which contain your images. Very small and neat script, and its display is entirely powered by CSS, so it's easily modified.

• 4 weeks later...

I started out with a CGI script (forget what is was off the top of my head). It was good, but once I saw Gallery, I decided to 'upgrade'. Of course, as soon as I had Gallery up, I saw Coppermine, was about to switch to it but couldn't get at it (the whole website locked up problem), and ended up using the one from 4images instead.

Gallery was nice, but I didn't like what it did, and I never fully got around to modding it properly. I like 4images, but it can be difficult to get help as their site/forums are primarily in German (thank goodness for Google's translation tool!)

• 1 month later...

I'm using something called Arles Image Web Page Creator. It's, I think it is anyways, the easiest one to use that I've found yet. You create the gallery in a matter of minutes use the ftp tool and you have your gallery on line.

Took me a few days to figure out the ftp tool because I finally figured out where I was going wrong.

I downloaded all those others that were mentioned and they were too scary for me to use.

• 4 weeks later...