Backup Feature -- Nice

a__kc

I'm paranoid though... That's why I run a DB backup of all my websites nightly, and have it go to a db folder under www.

Regardless, TCH's backup option is always awesome. Any host that backs up regularly, and even makes that backup directly available to the customer, is the best.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I didn't know there was a backup feature in the cpanel till I read so here! So I went and checked it out. Truthfully, I don't fully grasp how to use it.

I want to backup everything on my site. So I went to "Generate/Download a Full Backup". I'm not sure at all of how to set it up to backup to my HD.

Thanks so much :)

-animgirl

It's not too hard once you do it.

Click on Backup, then Generate/Download a Full Backup

When that screen comes up tell it the backup destination is the home directory, email address is where it will send the "I'm done" email, and the remote stuff is if you're backing up to an ftp server.

When it finishes there will be a big file in your home directory that you can FTP to your home computer.

The backup will be named:

backup-12.26.2003_17-43-38_username for instance where the numbers are the date and time.

By the way, backups are a VERY good idea for anyone reading this - you never know when you'll do something bone-headed and wipe everything out or there is a meteor that hits the data center and the best backups you can get are 1 month old. Don't get lazy like I do and let it slide.