Sign in to follow this  
TCH-Thomas

No Pic Stealing In Php

Hi,

I have set up a nice looking photo gallery with coppermine, but is there any ways i can prevent thieves as i can with usual no right click-scripts (and other things) in "normal" html-pages, in other words can i insert any scripts etc to the coppermine php files? If so, please tell me in the easy way cause its the first time i worked with php (except for a mail me form) and got it to work. :D

-Thomas

This will cover hot linking protection -

Prevent "hotlinking" by creating a .htaccess file in the albums folder and adding this:
>SetEnvIfNoCase Referer "^http://www.yourdomian.com/" locally_linked=1
SetEnvIfNoCase Referer "^http://******/" locally_linked=1
SetEnvIf Referer "^$" locally_linked=1
<FilesMatch "\.(gif|png|jpe?g)$">
 Order Allow,Deny
 Allow from env=locally_linked
</FilesMatch>

You could also use this hack to limit viewing to only registered users -

How can I prevent unregistered user from viewing the gallery?

edit

displayimage.php

and search for

>/**************************************************************************
* Local functions definition
**************************************************************************/

and add before it

>if (!USER_ID) cpg_die(ERROR, 'You need to register to access this page', __FILE__, __LINE__);

I haven't found a no-right click hack yet, but you should probably check out the Coppermine Discussion forums (coppermine.sf.net).

Hm... I did all that and it sure works. No pics are showing (no thumbs or full size), all I see is the little red x´s, even as logged in as administrator. :D

-Thomas

To limit viewing to only registered users-

when logged in as admin click on "groups" and modify those settings (refer to the group "registered"). Then, edit the album properties (in category view, click on "properties" next to the album's thumbnail) and change the "Album can be viewed by" settings.

As Far as theives go -

Watermarking hack (w/ ImageMagick)

i've found disabling rightclicks to be useless because it's a javascript that people can get around if they disable it under their browser settings, and more savvy viewers usually know to view page source to get the URL to the direct image instead.

http://www.artistscope.com/

Secure Image is free for personal use - but I'm not sure if it's useful or if it can integrate into coppermine.

good luck!

Just adding no right click is useless as you say, but i found a way that people say is good for my current gallery,

http://www.jikrantz.com/start.htm

Click on Sections > Ginnie & Piggie, then click on any thumbnail. This is what I wanna try to do in coppermine except i know i wont get the pop ups.

-Thomas

I am convinced there is no effective way to protect images. The method on Tonsa's current gallery is pretty good, but I was still able to get to the pics. I PMed the link to you so you can see, I didn't want to post it here. As for disabling right click in Coppermine goes, the developers added it to 1.2 but removed it when they released the final version. We all know disabling right click is usesless, all you have to do is highlight what you want and hit Shift+F10.