Rss Problems

DarqFlare

• 4 weeks later...

Thomas, RSS stands for RDF Site Summary, if I recall correctly. It's purpose is to provide a way for other sites to fetch news headlines and such stuff from your site and place them on their site. This is achieved by using a standard "language". A search for RSS on Google gives you plenty of stuff to read :)

Hey all!

I'm having problems getting an RSS file generated. Is anybody familiar with RSS?

What software are you using to make the RSS files?

At my end I currently have Movable Type publish a few RSSs, and I also make a couple of my own from a database. I LOVE RSS! It's a simple way to export periodic contents for others to read, re-process, or otherwise display elsewhere. Rather than people going all over the Net to catch up on happenings, they'd load up their desktop or server-based RSS readers/webpages, and get everything they're interested in one go.

(The only thing is, few of my buddies have the know-how to use it, which though it ain't their fault, does frustrate me....)