Sign in to follow this  
crossma

Tch Pages Do Not Open In Asia?

Hi,

I was recently travelling abroad in Japan and I decided to see how my site was doing. I tried to open my page, but to my surprise, the web page did not open. I tried TotalChoiceHosting.com to see if perhaps servers were down, but that page did not open either.

I thought that the servers were down for everything, but I asked a friend back in the States to try the page. She told me that it opened fine.

I also realized that the web pages did not open in some locations in Japan, but they did at others.

Is there any reason this might happen? I am thinking of designing several pages for Asian clients, and am wondering if TCH is safe to go.

Thanks!

Roy

:dance:

I'm from Singapore(Asia or to be exact South East Asia) and I can access TCH's site and hosted sites with no problem. Maybe the ISP you were accessing from had some linkage problem at that exact moment you were trying to access your site?

Had tried accessing TCH from China, Shanghai too and no problem there too, so its quite safe that you can host your asians client site on TCH.

Dennis

My son is in South Korea and has not had problems opening pages on our site. I looked and saw many clients from Japan and many of them have been here quite a while. I suspect Dennis is right and there was some sort of routing problem in the network there when you were trying to access the site.

Thanks Guys

I was only there for a week so I did not have time to see if it was an ISP problem of TCH problem. It sounds like it should be accessible from anywhere though.

Thanks for the info!

Roy

:lol:

yeh it must be something wrong with those ISPs cos I was in India when I signed up with TCH which means that I was able to access all of their pages !

FWIW...having been stationed over in that part of the world for several years and done extensive traveling, most asian countries are playing "catch-up" to the US (except maybe for Japan) in the Internet realm. But in general, there are usually no problems connecting. Access speed, however, is a different matter! :lol: