Sign in to follow this  
crossma

Subdomain Resolves Incorrectly

Hi Guys

I am trying to direct a subdomain to one of my folders. I am trying to set up cz.crossmap.com and have it point to the folder www.crossmap.com/international_cz.

I have pointed the cz subdomain to the TCH server from my registrar. However, once you type in cz.crossmap.com, though it redirects, the address bar says "www.crossmap.com/international_cz." Though it is functional, it is not as streamlined as I would like.

I hope that if you type in cz.crossmap.com/forum, for example, it would resolve to cz.crossmap.com/forum, and not www.crossmap.com/international_cz/forum.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Roy

If you add a subdomain at the Cpanel instead of your registrar named cz you can simply create a folder under your main acct named cz and you'll see cz.crossmap.com.

For an example check gto.grandslamkw.com which is simply my main public_html/gto/index.htm the browser leaves gto.grandslamkw.com in the address bar and people don't have a clue where it really is.

Ahh, I see the problem.

I had set up the subdomain AND I made it redirect. The subdomain has to be pointed at through the registrar, and then it must match the folder name without a redirect.

Thanks!

Roy

:dance:

Or don't even involve the registrar. My subdomain was handled by TCH completely - when I created it I suppose they entered the proper settings to resolve it for me... I never had to tell my registrar anything about it.

Best wishes!