Sign in to follow this  
TCH-Thomas

Anyone Experienced?

Hi everyone,

Is there any CSB-users who uses All web menus?

I need your help. I´ve done what it says in help pages, but how do make the menu show up in CSB (right now nothing shows :angry: )?

I would if possible want it to show in the top frame as i use now for navigation in http://www.jikrantz.com/start.htm.

Heres my test site for this project: http://www.jikrantz.com/test/start.htm

-Thomas

REVISED POSTING!

I have worked with all web menus,

Here's a sample of how it looks without frames:

http://www.samisite.com/micheletest/id2.htm

Here's a sample using frames, the top border remains static and the menu choices open below the border, which is what I think you would need to do on your site. http://www.samisite.com/micheletestframes/id2.htm

The only difference is the assignment of the TARGET FRAME. Look at my frames sample for a screen shot of the frame setting.

Here's a sample using frames, AND having the menu actually CROSS the frame and have part of it in your top border, part in your middle frame!

http://www.samisite.com/micheletestframescross/id2.htm

In addition to the TARGET FRAME, in this case I have checked the option for Cross Frame Support. Note: In this example, due to the image in the top border, there is a space between the menu in the top border and middle frame, otherwise the menus would be tight against each other!

KW wrote the following steps on the CSB board to assist with ALL WEB MENU and they really make it simple:

Here's what I do:

1. First, outside of AWM, create an empty text file -- call it sample.txt -- it doesn't matter. Also, create an empty folder on your PC to store what you will create will AWM.

2. Start up AWM and create your menu as desired

3. Click on Tools > Compile Menu and save it

4. Then you will get a window saying Menu compiled successfully. And at the bottom you will have three buttons. Click on the first button (I want to link the compiled menu to my web pages)

5. Browse and locate your empty text file (sample.txt) and click link.

So, at this point what you have is a text file that includes the custom HTML code necessary to be placed into CSB. So here's what you do:

6. Use your favorite FTP program and upload the files generated by AWM to the same location (directory) where your CSB web page is published. There should be 3 files (.gif, .awm, and .js files) and a subdirectory (awmdata-xxx) to be uploaded

7. Open up sample.txt using Notepad

8. Also open up CSB, click on Insert > HTML Code, and then copy and paste the code placed inside the sample.txt file to CSB.

9. Publish.

Now, once you've done all that -- if you have to go back and modify your AWM menu - you DO NOT HAVE TO DO ALL THE ABOVE steps. Rather, here's what you do:

1. Open up AWM, make your changes, then click on Tools > Compile Menu, then click Save > OK.

2. Then, click on the third button (I'm done,I have already linked the menu to my pages before)

3. Then simply start up FTP and upload the .js file to your web site (that's the only file that gets modified)

-kw

I personally use a name for my txt file that matches the site- For the examples above, I used micheleframe.txt and micheleplain.txt are my two files so when I have SEVERAL menus, I know which txt matches which set of js files!

-Samantha

Thomas,

The TCH discussion forums are not intended for CuteSITE Builder support. How come you didn't post over at the Globalscape/CSB discussion forum?

By the way, I use the All Web Menu software for my web site at CSBSupport web site

-kw

KW...

Not trying to be smarty, but I thought that this particular part of the TCH board WAS designed for CSB support since it is named "Cute Site Builder & Cute FTP". There is a Frontpage area too.

Did you notice that I got the allwebmenu working Cross-Frames?

http://www.samisite.com/micheletestframescross/id2.htm

-Samantha

Agrees on Samanthas post, but if it makes you any happier i can post it in the correct forum too. Sorry if sounding angry, but description say "Forums for all you cute users!" I may not be cute but i use CSB.

I know you use Allwebmenus, kw, where do you think i got this great idea from. ;)

If whoever started this part of the forum could be kind to tell us what goes in here and whats not, I will promise not to ask anymore nonqualified questions again.

To Samantha: Thanks Magic woman, i will check your reply a little closer after dinner. :angry:

-Thomas

Edited by Tonsa

Samantha, Thomas -- I guess whoever is responsible for this CSB forum needs to identify its purpose.

I would have thought the purpose of the CSB portion of the TCH Forums was intended merely as a place to generate interest in CuteSITE Builder amongs TCH users, with the hopes that TCH was going to offer CSB at a reduced price to its user.

However, if I'm wrong, and it is also intended to be an alternative support site, I cna accept that.

-kw

Did someone call me?

Ok, here is my take on the way these forums are used. This forum and the one for FrontPage are here for family members to discuss CSB or FP and to assist each other as they can with issues they may be having.

We as TCH representatives can not be expected to know the answers to all of the issues, that's what the support reps that work for CSB and MS are for. We do not support the software directly. If I know an answer I will be happy to chime in.

KW,

It should be asked on the Globalscape/CSB discussion forum first and it can be asked hee with the understanding that we may not have the answer.

Thanks TCH-Rob.

with the understanding that we may not have the answer

Of course not, no one here is a god or a similar. I think we all are just happy bunch of people assisting each other in any way we can. Im no support staff or moderator but i am happy to answer anyone something that i feel is my knowledge and if i dont know the answer to a specific question, i be quiet to not mess it up more of the person with the problem.

Take care everyone,

-Thomas

Thomas,

That's what makes us a big family. Its everyone helping when they can, support staff or no. :hug:

Just for some history - HG created this part of the forums.

I believe he did so to provide a place for us Cute users to congregate, share, discuss, and help the new TCH customer in setting up and using Cute products with their hosting accounts.

I also believe that this was done partly in response to the number of CSB users that were signing up with TCH and frequenting these forums.

But the big reason I think was that about a year ago, there were no support staff at TCH that had ever used CSB and at that time, their ability to provide support was hindered by that lack of knowledge and experience. All CSB users that have ever helped someone publish their site know that because of the way that CSB works, typical support is not going to help a ton to a novice user. Thus the advent of this forum. I believe to try to build a knowledge base and support for the product "as it applies to TCH".

As with any other third party app, FrontPage included, TCH can't be expected to provide definitive support. So we share links to other discussion boards that might be more helpful in solving a particular problem.

Me? Personally, I would ask my question where I thought the most people with the greatest knowledge of the subject would be. Two things come from that:

1. I have the greatest chances of hitting the jackpot lucky answer quickly

and

2. My question now has the opportunity to teach someone else, even though they may not be hosted where I am hosted.

However, not to sound wishy-washy, but I'd rather post a question about a belkin router here at TCH than some other hardware forum where I don't know or trust anyone and may not get a response for 10 days.

:hug: Post what you want, where you want...just don't CROSS-POST! :lol:

Edited by TCH-Lianna

Hm...why do i start threads that (almost) always become long?

-Thomas, the :lol: one :)

Edited by Tonsa