A Few Questions

Guest confused

Guest confused

Hello,

I'm very interested in purchasing your Expert Plan, however, I do have some questions. I will purchasing a web-community package from a software vendor. The software vendor will install the software for me, but the say that the following will have to be on the server in order for them to install the software properly. I would like to know if the Expert Plan offers these features that I require. Below is the list of requirements from the vendor:

1. SSH (or telnet) access to your server. We must run the installation script in SSH (or telnet). And it is also valuable in troubleshooting script and MySQL problems.

2. The following Perl libraries:

URI

MIME-Base64

HTML-Parser

MD5 *

Libnet

LWP

XML-Parser & XML-RSS *

String-Approx *

Data-Dumper & Data-ShowTable

DBI

Msql-Mysql-modules

Time-HiRes *

* Optional

SSH is considered on a case by case basis. You would just need to drop a help desk ticket to request it with specifics about why you need to have it.

The following modules in your list do not appear to be available:

XML-RSS *

String-Approx *

One other that you list, Libnet, is not in the list either. LibWeb modules are and Net modules are, but not "Libnet". You can request that it be installed through the helpdesk.

I used the list generated by cpanel (server4) to cross-reference your list. Other servers may have other modules installed.

Hope that helps.

Lianna

Guest confused

Thank you for the prompt reply!

Is there a good chance that they would let me have access to SSH and install that module for me? Can I drop a request before I purchase the plan? I do not want to purchase the Expert Plan only to find out that my request will be turned down . Another question I have is, how long does it usually take for a request to be approved/rejected? Thanks.

You can chat with the ***** Guru from the Support page of the website and ask the specifics there before you buy your package. Remember, there is a 30 day Money-back policy, so you won't lose your cash if you find that it isn't possible, even after purchasing.

You will definitely want to tell them WHAT the application is that you are buying from WHAT vendor. There are some apps not allowed on the servers because of the degrading effects they have. So, you're best to talk honestly and specifically about your needs with them.

Lianna