Ip Board Update

If you are referring to

Running the upgrade script

Open up a new browser window and enter the URL to the upgrade5.php script (example: www.board.com/forums/upgrade5.php) Follow the on screen instructions to update your database.

If you get an error during the upgrade, try hitting back in your browser and try again.

This script will upgrade your database, install new templates and perform a clean up.

just type the address

www.yoursite.com/forum/upgrade5.php

in your browser url window, if it is in a folder called forum,

and after you have followed the upgrade instructions,

remember

IMPORTANT: PLEASE REMOVE THE SCRIPT WHEN THE UPGRADE IS COMPLETED!

so in file manager goto the forum folder and delete upgrade5.php

Here's exactly what I did:

"From: 1.1.x

To: 1.2

Upload all files as normal from the "upload" directory from your 1.2 download package up to your FTP, overwriting the old 1.1.x board files, except conf_global.php and sm_install.php. In 1.2, the upgrade script is located elsewhere in the package distribution, so look in your download package for a directory labled "otherscripts". In here will be the file upgrade5.php. Take this file, and upload it to where your forums are installed (Where admin.php, conf_global.php, index.php, etc is.) Once you have done this, run upgrade5.php in your web browser by visiting the URL to it directly by typing it into your web browser. Example:

http://www.******/forums/upgrade5.php

Once you have visited the upgrade script in your browser, you will automatically load the upgrade script's contents. Follow the on-screen instructions all the way through to the end. When you have reached the end, and are done with the upgrade script, go back into your FTP and delete upgrade5.php off of the server. After you have done this, the upgrade is done and you should now be upgraded to 1.2.

Upgrade script(s) used: upgrade5.php"

Well you have a back up, thats good.

You can always reinstall from cpanel

then in cpanel mysql admin restore your database

(wait a minute while look)

in phpadmin

select the database on the left,

SQL,

browse to your file.

Yep it works.

Edited by turtle

Agh

" Database charlot2_ivbd3 running on localhost

Error

There is a chance that you may have found a bug in the SQL parser. Please examine your query closely, and check that the quotes are correct and not mis-matched. Other possible failure causes may be that you are uploading a file with binary outside of a quoted text area. You can also try your query on the MySQL command line interface. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem. If you still have problems or if the parser fails where the command line interface succeeds, please reduce your SQL query input to the single query that causes problems, and submit a bug report with the data chunk in the CUT section below:"

I went into phpmyadmin, clicked on the database on the left, then clicked on the SQL tab above, then clicked browse, pointed it to my file, and clicked "Go".

I've got it in the .gz I backed up and unzipped via WinZip to a .sql. I tried restoring both via the phpmyadmin steps you posted but both gave errors. Restoring the .sql gives this:

Error

SQL-query :

CREATE TABLE ibf_admin_logs(

id bigint( 20 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,

act varchar( 255 ) default NULL ,

code varchar( 255 ) default NULL ,

member_id int( 10 ) default NULL ,

ctime int( 10 ) default NULL ,

note text,

ip_address varchar( 255 ) default NULL ,

PRIMARY KEY ( id )

) TYPE = MYISAM

MySQL said:

Table 'ibf_admin_logs' already exists

Back

Good to see that you have managed to get the restore going. Actually you did not have to delete and create the database, you can just drop the tables and when you run the .sql file you have saved previously, there wouldn't be any more problem for MySql to recreate the back-up database.

I have installed Invision a few times from 1.1x till the current 1.2 and I find that its easier to just do a backup, then do a clean install (similiar to the way that you had did but by just dropping the tables in my existing database).

Dennis