Crooked :: Migration Notice

As part of the continued improvements to the TotalChoice Hosting  server farm, we will be migrating all accounts on this server to a new server between March 8 - March 19. This will provide you with more power, stability and potential to further expand your business.

You will not need to make any IP changes or DNS modifications from your end if you are using our nameservers. If you are using external nameservers or pointing the domain via IP from outside, you may need to update the IP to the one mentioned below. Please note that this needs to be done only after the migration is reported as completed in our forums.

old hostname :: crooked.tchmachines.com
new hostname :: boyne.tchmachines.com 
All IPs will be migrated to new server.
New Main IP: 208.76.80.22

As always our technical support team will be online to attend your queries.

Migration is complete. We are closely watching the server to ensure that it settles in. If you need any assistance, please open a ticket via our support desk,  we will gladly check it out.

Thank you for your patience, understanding and co-operation all along.

This is a nightmare for us. Everything was working fine after we received the email notification that the upgrade was complete.  It even seemed that response times were much quicker.  But then around 9:30 PM PDT on March 16, the server began responding with 404. I went in with cPanel and found our directory wiped out and looked to have been reset and cleared of any of our content.

This morning I checked again and found the site was now serving up blank pages.

I put in a ticket but have failed to receive any helpful response. The person responding said that we have an obsolete encoding of data in one column of one table and sent an error message that I can't find in our logs.  When I look in the table it appears to be empty but it should have 10s of thousands of records.

Why did the 404s start showing up about 1/2 a day after the upgrade was supposedly complete, and how do I get someone in Support to take this serious

Welcome to the forum, Paula912. :)

Sorry for the trouble you have. The techs don´t frequent the forums as much as we moderators, so I would reopen/respond to the ticket and ask them to investigate this further. Link in "Hosting" menu on top of page.