PHPMyAdmin Newbie; Can't sign in

I think I followed all the instructions. I created a database in MySQL, created a privileged user, then associated the two. But when I try to log into PHPMyAdmin as that user, it doesn't take the db user's login and password, insisting that I'm trying to log in as cpanelAccount@localhost.

Very frustrated. If you can tell me what I'm doing wrong, or point me toward some specific instructions for TCH configuration of PHPMyAdmin, it would be oh-so-appreciated!

databases.jpg

error0.jpg

error1.jpg

Did you create this database through cpanels database wizard?

If yes, that databse name should be visible in the left column after you click the phpmyadmin link in cpanel (and it have logged you in to phpmyadmin).

After it has logged you in, you can find the name of the database in the left column, click on it and it should show you all the tables etc so you can fix what you were gonna fix.

Do NOT forget to backup the database first, if something goes wrong!

Yes, and I just tried to create another one (****_test2), and added a user. I tried in both FireFox and Edge, and no matter what I enter into the PHPAdmin login prompt, I get the error message above, not reflecting what I typed in.

This is all prep, and neither of the databases I've created are anything important; I'm just trying to figure out how to do it. When everything works as intended, I hope to import a database created by a third party (I know there will probably be some significant bug stomping there, as well). I'm just too inexperienced to know if it's something I'm doing wrong, or something wrong with the bigger picture - my overall account configuration.

Thanks!

~ Rosanne

Hi Rossane,

Note that you won't be able to access phpMyadmin using the databseuser and password you created within cPanel. . You will need to login to phpMyadmin as main cPanel user and then access databases. Follow the steps explained below. Database user and password is to use it within your scripts to access a particular database

1: Login to cPanel

2: Then access phpMyadmin

3: On left hand column, it will display databases you have created. Clicking on the respective database, you should be able to access it.

• Like 1

Thank you! I THOUGHT that's how it should work, with PHPMyAdmin just opening onto the dashboard when clicked from cpanel in the main account.

The problem is, it doesn't. Even when launched from cpanel, It prompts for a PHPMyAdmin login and password. From there, nothing I enter is acknowledged.

~ Rosanne

TCH-Marshal is right. You do not need to use your database credentials, just log into cPanel. I don't think you should even see a screen asking for a password. However, if you still can not log in directly from cPanel, open a help ticket. I have had it happen where I can not get into phpMyAdmin from cPanel. TCH fixes the issue quite fast.

• Like 1